12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Will's reply. We'll never know. My area was better vs this one (was in NJ). That was a more wintry year in general but you'd have to talk to the older folks (my age and up) living in the area. This year had the epic 5 weeks ...as good as it gets. But was it better vs 78, better vs 93-94, better vs 95-96 periods? I'm not sure....would love to hear other opinions as it tends to be subjective for all.

78 had two awesome storms with little in between or after

93/94 was unreal and is close

This years Late Dec through early Feb was my personal best in terms of snow depth and persistence.

Not much springlike weather thru day 10 on the Euro. All the warmth stays well to the sw of New Eng. Lots of miserable overrunning rains for us and snow to the north. What an awful looking pattern.

Next weekend looks at or above normal. Wednesday/Thursday in the 50s.

Tuesday probably breaks into the 50s too.

Monday and Friday look like duds.

I don't see all those 50's. Wed looks like it could actually snow at night.. Next weekend looks like wet

I'm just telling you what the Euro says. Wednesday could be upper 40s but I went 52 for BDL. In general I went with the Euro though the Euro and GFS and GEFS are in pretty good agreement.

Next 7 days for BDL

MON - 45

TUE - 56

WED - 52

THU - 56

FRI - 48

SAT - 57

SUN - 59

I'm just telling you what the Euro says. Wednesday could be upper 40s but I went 52 for BDL. In general I went with the Euro though the Euro and GFS and GEFS are in pretty good agreement.

Next 7 days for BDL

MON - 45

TUE - 56

WED - 52

THU - 56

FRI - 48

SAT - 57

SUN - 59

That warm next weekend? Saturday looks like we have showers all day..and Sunday if we have some decent CAA maybe upper 40's-low 50's like yesterday

That warm next weekend? Saturday looks like we have showers all day..and Sunday if we have some decent CAA maybe upper 40's-low 50's like yesterday

Not even close... models are really really warm next weekend. Keep in mind average at BDL is like 58 or 59 by next weekend. Some showers won't keep us in the 40s as we warm sector.

it's totally possible the storm track moves south and we wind up on the cooler side of things that's why I undercut GFS MOS and went under what the Euro shows verbatim (60s).

Not even close... models are really really warm next weekend. Keep in mind average at BDL is like 58 or 59 by next weekend. Some showers won't keep us in the 40s as we warm sector.

it's totally possible the storm track moves south and we wind up on the cooler side of things that's why I undercut GFS MOS and went under what the Euro shows verbatim (60s).

In fact I actually undercut MOS every day next week except for Tuesday.

I saw Will's reply. We'll never know. My area was better vs this one (was in NJ). That was a more wintry year in general but you'd have to talk to the older folks (my age and up) living in the area. This year had the epic 5 weeks ...as good as it gets. But was it better vs 78, better vs 93-94, better vs 95-96 periods? I'm not sure....would love to hear other opinions as it tends to be subjective for all.

60-61 also had the early ending, but it was a better winter with more extreme cold and 3 KU events, all of which delivered 18"+ here. The arctic outbreak in late January 1961 was epic. Many places in NNJ had 40" snow depths after the 2/4 storm and over 100" seasonal total.

Definitely agree...the SE ridge really starts to progress north next weekend looking at the ECM and GFS. Any showers look to be intermittent and light.

I'm starting to notice a very aggressive Southern Plains/SE ridge developing....the -EPO is keeping the Northern Tier cool, but could this be a harbinger of another scorching summer? Also, when will Texas get relief from its awful drought?

Definitely agree...the SE ridge really starts to progress north next weekend looking at the ECM and GFS. Any showers look to be intermittent and light.

I'm starting to notice a very aggressive Southern Plains/SE ridge developing....the -EPO is keeping the Northern Tier cool, but could this be a harbinger of another scorching summer? Also, when will Texas get relief from its awful drought?

I'm heading to Atlanta mid day 4/11 through dinner time 4/14. Looking forward to summer like (at least June like in SNE) temps.

Next 7 days for BDL

MON - 45

TUE - 56

WED - 52

THU - 56

FRI - 48

SAT - 57

SUN - 59

Don't you think 45 is a little too cold for tomorrow?

Wow, that is a tight gradient. So does the new NAM change your thinking?

2 rules of thumb come to mind.... 1) warm fronts always move through BDL slower than you think (outside of the summer) and 2) never change your forecast based on the 18z NAM lol

But seriously it could turn out to be in the low 50s. I'm forecasting 50 for most of the shoreline and western CT.

2 rules of thumb come to mind.... 1) warm fronts always move through BDL slower than you think (outside of the summer) and 2) never change your forecast based on the 18z NAM lol

But seriously it could turn out to be in the low 50s. I'm forecasting 50 for most of the shoreline and western CT.

Lol, alright sounds reasonable. Hopefully the rain holds off and bypasses us like the NAM is showing.

MRG will be happy. Let the temp arguments begin!

:lol:

Last day at Wachusett. Sad to see them close with side to side coverage on 21 of 22 trails. Plenty of snow left

We actually were some of the last few people to ride up the lift (maybe 3rd or 4th last chair). Bluebird skies, warmish temps... very fun.

From the summit you could see the slopes at Stratton Mt 67 miles away! Cool

Archived