• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

So the euro verbatim would imply, a mix at the onset for some on Monday morning. Muggy and near 60F Monday Night, followed by a possible flip to snow during Tuesday Night. laugh.gif

Sort of a tough forecast (not like Socks in the Bronx) for Monday/Monday Night/Tuesday. Euro blasts the warm front through.

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sort of a tough forecast (not like Socks in the Bronx) for Monday/Monday Night/Tuesday. Euro blasts the warm front through.

I'm going below MOS on Monday... closer to NAM 2M temps. Hard to get warm fronts through this time of year lol but teh Euro 2M temps torch by Monday night.

Euro actually has the 850 0C line almost to BOS by 84h and then another half inch of qpf after that here. Could be interesting, though not holding my breath. Those thing usually don't work out, esp in April. But you never know.

What a crazy system coming up. Could have 3 or 4 seasons out of one storm.

Euro actually has the 850 0C line almost to BOS by 84h and then another half inch of qpf after that here. Could be interesting, though not holding my breath. Those thing usually don't work out, esp in April. But you never know.

What a crazy system coming up. Could have 3 or 4 seasons out of one storm.

Yeah pretty cool storm. Welcome to April.

Just from a Met standpoint, it would be one heck of a roller-coaster if that happened..lol.

I suppose there's always that question with the warmfront when you get to our latitude..esp up by SNH.

Just from a Met standpoint, it would be one heck of a roller-coaster if that happened..lol.

I suppose there's always that question with the warmfront when you get to our latitude..esp up by SNH.

It'll probably one of those cases where the warm front struggles north and barely budges all day Monday and eventually just mixes out/washes out overnight and we see a brief torch 10z-15z Tuesday.

Haven't seen the soundings yet but the 12z had big boundary layer issues down here.

It looks like BDL has BL issues in the lower 50mb again, but the hills surrounding definitely look like they could see a period of snow if it verified. The SE BL flow is definitely more hostile though for CT then interior MA or S NH.

It looks like BDL has BL issues in the lower 50mb again, but the hills surrounding definitely look like they could see a period of snow if it verified. The SE BL flow is definitely more hostile though for CT then interior MA or S NH.

12z NAM has like a +3c nose at 975mb. Even Kevin isn't snowing through that lol.

Spring has sprung for him. If he's anything like year's past he'll tell all of us that there's no threat for snow and that everyone will reach 65 degrees Monday night after the warm front blows through.

Soundings have Ray ripping aggregates between 12z and 15z Monday morning. If that solution came to pass, we'd have to have the electric company shut off Kevin's power. :(

Is it flipping back at hour 69?

Might end as a flurry on the NAM...but the base of the trough is too rounded to get a wave forming on the front and backing into the cold sector. Most guidance is like that...its really only the Euro that has potential for Tues night.

I think Ray is 2.3" behind. Gonna be tough to make that up this late...but he's closed the gap to within plausible range now.

I usually use a 5 to 10 percent reduction on Kevin's totals to get to reality. Given the difference I think Ray probably has already won.

Interesting day. Was supposed to get a haircut at 4 but the barber calls me while I'm out with the dog and we reschedule till next week. This guy's like the Warren Beatty character out of the movie Shampoo for those who have seen it...

So I stay out in the woods and take my time, throwing the ball...marveling at the unexpectedly warm temps and dry conds. On my way back I see darkening and 20 minutes later it's pelting with I swear the hint of hail. Sun's back out. Tongue in cheek on Roy Orbison as we all know it's over but a snow dump is always feasible for another few weeks.

And back to snow

Dave, I skied WaWa last night...it was amazing...at first it was slow going skiing through sticky mashed potatoes...but the temp dropped to freezing near the base and a tad below at the summit...snow became steady...the trees near the summit were coated with ice and snow...and then the lights came on and it was beautiful seeing the snow in the lights, and the snow got a little quicker as the temp dropped...

it was the perfect conditions for me to ski both black diamonds...there was no way with that snow i was going to get super fast out of control and it was really good for digging your edges into so i could do my weenie turns on the steep steep parts and not have my skis slide out from under me!!

Archived