joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the step-back synoptics ... I not so sure that warm front really is going to make it to MHT as fast as this 12z NAM depicts. It may get there, but retard the timing some.

Even though there is a retreating high E of NE, I'd rather see that retreat SE at this time of year. The particulars about the isobaric curvature in the PP throughout the area shows there could be a problem with some ageostrophics putting up a good fight. Doesn't mean anything as far as snow goes... Looks like BL problems to me... Sunny on Sunday heats the ground... We radiate nicely and folks get excited for a kind of cheating 1-2", but then the clouds come in and so much stored radiation then warms the BL under cloud canopy. See that ofter enough in the spring.

Haha-

Someone should start a Mod-backed thread with a macro built into the back end, the title of which says, "Get with the program and accept it, and stop trying to ferret out snow!", and if any poster tries to refute this realism, said macro bands them, in such a way that every time they try to log in they are instead prompted with: "Nope, because you are a snow cook"

Yeah, I'm just rubbing it in...

Truth be told, "it's over" should n't matter at any time of the year - if it's on the charts, it's on the charts.

Supposedly it was ove rin early Feb, and that white stuff still on my lawn is a figment of my kooky imagination.

Amazing how fast 8" of snow melts in April... almost all gone

Stop... it's ova

What are you looking at?

Energy rounding the base of the full latitude trough, triggering secondary development along the cold front, which may throw some precip back to the west into the cold sector. But more likely is the secondary low doesn't become very coherent and it all sweeps east.

Energy rounding the base of the full latitude trough, triggering secondary development along the cold front, which may throw some precip back to the west into the cold sector. But more likely is the secondary low doesn't become very coherent and it all sweeps east.

Euro is even more bullish now with a secondary wave. It argues a few to perhaps several inches over the interior, and even to the coast.

Now we know these setups can fail, but the 12z run got interesting. It did take some away for Monday morning.

Euro is even more bullish now with a secondary wave. It argues a few to perhaps several inches over the interior, and even to the coast.

Now we know these setups can fail, but the 12z run got interesting. It did take some away for Monday morning.

Yeah the Euro gets the most interesting. The CMC has been hinting at it the last few days, but it has a bit of a high amplitude / cutoff bias when it comes to these full latitude troughs

Interestingly convective out there today... 53 to 40 here in Ayer in about 3 minutes of 45mph wind blast out of a bullet shower. There are some low-top anvils around some of the horizons, too.

Nice! Get that April sun cooking underneath anomalous cool ml and gets fun fast.

Interestingly convective out there today... 53 to 40 here in Ayer in about 3 minutes of 45mph wind blast out of a bullet shower. There are some low-top anvils around some of the horizons, too.

Nice! Get that April sun cooking underneath anomalous cool ml and gets fun fast.

I noticed the same thing. Nice TCU.

Archived