e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He and Noyes are my 2 favorite TV mets (Sorry Ryan, we don't get CT channels up here)

Any ticket deals of any kind? The pics you have posted this year have been my favorites on the boards

Yeah, I always liked both of those guys... but knowing Tim now from this winter, he definitely knows his stuff. We did discuss the recent bust (last Friday) where he said he was going with up to two feet in western Mass. Neither of us were anywhere near close on our forecasts, but then again we couldn't come up with anyone that had a correct forecast for that last storm.

Anyway... next weekend is $99 for Saturday and Sunday. That's a pretty good deal for the Aspen of the East haha.

-Scott

He and Noyes are my 2 favorite TV mets (Sorry Ryan, we don't get CT channels up here)

Any ticket deals of any kind? The pics you have posted this year have been my favorites on the boards

I really hate HM, bastardi, some other boston mets... just because the accuwx crew blatently rips and reads for hits.. some boston mets are pretty awful compared to some amex mets..

I love cantore, noyes, kelly

I really hate HM, bastardi, some other boston mets... just because the accuwx crew blatently rips and reads for hits.. some boston mets are pretty awful compared to some amex mets..

I love cantore, noyes, kelly

I used to like Barry B. more... not sure when he joined accuwx, but now he is so "meh"... does not add much.

This is so corporate in many ways.

I hope it's a decent season this year. Last year started out great...we had some pretty powerful storms in early June, but then it just fell apart when the death ridge built in. I've never seen so much heat, and nothing to show for it as far as convection goes. I know it was better for parts of Maine and even out your way, but it sucked for much of eastern mass.

We need to stay on the edge of the death ridge more...I'm hoping the perpetual dryness in the S Plains/Southeast means that there's some high height anomalies there while the Niña/displaced -EPO pattern keeps some cool air in the Northern Tier, giving us some severe threats on the edge of that gradient. As we get later into the summer, the -EPO also means the trough is more over the Upper Midwest so we can see some cold pool events like in 2008 which had below normal temps in much of the Midwest/Upper Lakes.

GFS is a horrible model.

Nam for the win, thank god.

TORCH!!!!!!!

What torch? The high was 57.9F here with overcast conditions, sun never peeked out. We had some rain showers last night, basically a normal spring day. Average is 58/37 here on April 4th, so these temperatures are almost exactly normal. The rest of the week looks slightly below normal, particularly Wednesday and Friday.

We need to stay on the edge of the death ridge more...I'm hoping the perpetual dryness in the S Plains/Southeast means that there's some high height anomalies there while the Niña/displaced -EPO pattern keeps some cool air in the Northern Tier, giving us some severe threats on the edge of that gradient. As we get later into the summer, the -EPO also means the trough is more over the Upper Midwest so we can see some cold pool events like in 2008 which had below normal temps in much of the Midwest/Upper Lakes.

What torch? The high was 57.9F here with overcast conditions, sun never peeked out. We had some rain showers last night, basically a normal spring day. Average is 58/37 here on April 4th, so these temperatures are almost exactly normal. The rest of the week looks slightly below normal, particularly Wednesday and Friday.

We really need a big ridge in the Plains that bubbles east and allows for better mid level lapse rates to advect in from the High Plains. An EML would be great, but w-nw flow usually has decent lapse rates given its source region.

We really need a big ridge in the Plains that bubbles east and allows for better mid level lapse rates to advect in from the High Plains. An EML would be great, but w-nw flow usually has decent lapse rates given its source region.

What are your initial thoughts about this summer? You seem to be leaning warmer than normal with a big-timer ridge over the Southern Plains, bubbling into the Northeast from time to time?

I just planted the beginnings of my vegetable garden today, so am wondering what sort of weather we can expect for raising crops.

WOW your area torches? Average here at BDR is 53 degrees today.

Its like you almost live in the tropics?:thumbsup:

WOW your area torches? Average here at BDR is 53 degrees today.

Its like you almost live in the tropics?:thumbsup:

I took these numbers from Weather.com, not sure how accurate they are. Central Park is around 57/41, in the hills here it's probably a little bit lower. I'd guess the average here is around 55/38...less marine influence than BDR which sticks right out into the sound.

What are your initial thoughts about this summer? You seem to be leaning warmer than normal with a big-timer ridge over the Southern Plains, bubbling into the Northeast from time to time?

I just planted the beginnings of my vegetable garden today, so am wondering what sort of weather we can expect for raising crops.

No..no, I'm not leaning in that direction..just think it may be a little warmer than normal. I'm not a bug long distance guy, so take it fwiw..lol.

Not sure which thread to put this in, but temperatures are crashing big time here after reaching the mid-50s earlier this morning. Down to 39 and dropping steadily with light to moderate rain. Based on 12Z NAM, I think we'll change to some wet snow showers here in the Berks for a bit this afternoon before ending. BGM is 1/2 mile with SN now, so it'll be interesting to see how this anafront situation transpires around here. Can't help but to think that there may be some minor accums at 2K later.

Not sure which thread to put this in, but temperatures are crashing big time here after reaching the mid-50s earlier this morning. Down to 39 and dropping steadily with light to moderate rain. Based on 12Z NAM, I think we'll change to some wet snow showers here in the Berks for a bit this afternoon before ending. BGM is 1/2 mile with SN now, so it'll be interesting to see how this anafront situation transpires around here. Can't help but to think that there may be some minor accums at 2K later.

Congrats Mitch and in absentia Pete. His post would have read something like this,

Absolutely ripping huge dendrites at 2 K, tough working in these conditions, sent the men home, the foreman and I buttoned down the structure barehanded before the squalls blasted through, heavy heavy winter incoming.

Good to hear snow may fall back home. Back here at the base camp watching huge dendrites fall in the grey, pre dawn light. Couldn't fly yesterday due to lo vis in snow.Took the snowmachines into Hatcher's pass and found the stashes. Awesome day but the avi danger is high so we're having to be careful what aspects we ski. Hoping to be air mobile here later today or first thing tomorrow.Then we'll be back into the Talkeetna. Ginx, you'd Sh*t yourself there is so much snow.lol Keep the vigil going. Big Winter incoming. Big Big Winter.

Archived