OVERRUNNING SCENARIO TYPICAL OF EARLY SPRING DEVELOPING

ALB talks about snow potential end of week AWT...BOX has nothing FTL

FRIDAYS LOW WILL MOVE OFF LATER ON SATURDAY...BUT ANY REPRIEVE IS

BRIEF AS A MAIN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE BECOMES ORGANIZED AND HEADS

FROM THE NATION`S MID-SECTION TO THE NORTHERN GREAT LAKES DURING

THE EARLY PART OF NEXT WEEK. AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF COLD RAIN WITH

AREAS OF SNOW OR MIXED PRECIP IS POSSIBLE WITH A STRONG

OVERRUNNING SCENARIO TYPICAL OF EARLY SPRING DEVELOPING

That's because there will not be anything. Euro is even further sw.

I suppose it's not impossible for parts of srn CT to see a little mix, but it looks suppressed to me. The more suppressed the better, because it means more sun and less onshore flow.

Lets hope so Scooter, I am ready for heat, winter is over, I hope tomorrow morning I awake to kev going full out CTHEAT.:thumbsup:

I suppose it's not impossible for parts of srn CT to see a little mix, but it looks suppressed to me. The more suppressed the better, because it means more sun and less onshore flow.

ECM gives NYC metro about .25" QPF with 850s around -2C/-3C on Friday night and early Saturday morning, so we may see a light mix in some of the suburbs, and even small accumulations in elevated areas of NNJ etc...

Trust me, I would love a 4/10/96 redux, but a couple of mangled flakes don't do it for most of us, this time of year.

I'm at peace with this winter ending...now that I broke the April drought. I know for other areas that storm was a bit of a tease.

If something else comes up, then I'll get interested, but I'm fine with it being over now. We'll probably get one more threat though (likely one of those sloppy 2-4 high terrain threats) on the models before the month is out. Whether it actually pans out is another story.

Still some scattered snow showers coming through, 34. Had some decent bursts of snow during the early to mid-afternoon hours, but it did not accumulate here in the valley. Hills above 1.5K or so look white. Even with parachutes, it really can't accumulate during the day in April. If this were at night, we probably would've had 2 inches or something.

I'm at peace with this winter ending...now that I broke the April drought. I know for other areas that storm was a bit of a tease.

If something else comes up, then I'll get interested, but I'm fine with it being over now. We'll probably get one more threat though (likely one of those sloppy 2-4 high terrain threats) on the models before the month is out. Whether it actually pans out is another story.

I'm still disappointed in March, but how can I complain as a whole when I got almost double my normal snow. It's fine for now...the process of coming down from the winter kind of sucks, but it's a process we go through every year...just that this winter was so great around here.

If it's sunny... -4c at 12z warming through the day won't be terribly chilly this time of year.

Highs look to be in the upper 40s to low 50s Saturday down here, I consider that a bit chilly since the average high is up to 58F at Central Park by that point...it could actually be warmer in SNE given that you'll see a lot more sun there, and the minor difference in 850s probably won't matter much compared to the sun angle. I would imagine everyone is well below average Friday and then slightly below average to normal on Saturday.

You might get some snow from the weak wave Friday if it can amplify more like the GFS shows. It seems the GFS has consistently been further north with the QPF than the ECM. Also, I'm wondering if some areas of SNE start with snow from the Lakes Cutter...it might get too warm with the system winding up over the Midwest, but if some of the precip can get in early enough, maybe the higher hills can manage a burst of snow before going to rain.

I'm still disappointed in March, but how can I complain as a whole when I got almost double my normal snow. It's fine for now...the process of coming down from the winter kind of sucks, but it's a process we go through every year...just that this winter was so great around here.

When my snow is all gone I'll feel better about spring springing, but when it's being killed off by heat and rain it tugs at my heart strings. Farewell, old friend!

Here's a comment from my admin asst back at our headquarters in Iowa--Paul would like this. I asked her to send me a picture. 36.2/30

I will be out of the office tomorrow afternoon- getting estimates on my hail damaged car… Ugh. Hopefully it goes better than I am anticipating it will J

Odd ... she sent that pic to me.

golf-ball.jpg

The last winter pile has melted. Took till 4/5 and it was in the shade. But give us a day in the 60s with high td and rain and the pile is no match. Give it up folks if you're in SNE. It's been over for awhile but now unquestionably.

Yeah, today seemed to mark the end, although it is back below freezing IMBY with some snow still here in the woods and on my lawn

Archived