e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
New England 4/4 - 4/6

Arnold214

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna take a hit today and tonight up that way.

Yeah its going to get ugly tonight. This will be one of those spring-time events where you go to bed and your snowpack is still robust and everything is all peachy, only to wake up to 45 degrees at 5am and an inch of rain. Things will look quite dirty by tomorrow and I suspect down here in the valley at 800ft our snowpack is going to take a big hit. Up at the mountain it really doesn't matter at this point, there's a lot of rock solid snow up there that isn't melting in 24 hours. I mean when you can stand on top of a snowpack that's 4-8 feet deep and frozen solid, we'll probably lose the top few inches which are still loose/non-glaciated yet... but it'll take a little while to cut into the rest of the pack.

holy crap! just had a streak of lightning that was reflected in my computer monitor from the office window behind me...the thunder was instantaneous, like it hit in my front yard!

:lol:

that was probably the thunder i heard but wasn't sure was thunder or not.. i'm in an interior office so a lot of noise from the warehouse can sound like thunder

Saweet! Wrentham is where it's at.:P

:lol: it's a pretty cool town, I've seen the outlets twice

I like being here at work for the elevation.. we're a little over 300' and I have a pretty awesome view of the east and south.. the forest blocks that crucial west view though..

I guess that was it.. one good clap of thunder and it's done..

Here's an office communication e-mail that I just got. Probably not too many companies here in the east have such notices (my company's in Iowa).

Severe Weather Awareness Week is April 4th – 8th

------------------------------------------------------------------

A weather radio is monitored at all times during regular business hours at the Kirkwood location. When the risk for severe weather is reported -- during working hours -- RuffaloCODY will keep employees informed, so that appropriate decisions can be made to assure safety. If a tornado watch or warning is announced, please follow the steps outlined below.

If a tornado 'watch' is issued for our area, it means that a tornado is 'possible' and you should be aware of changing weather circumstances.

If a tornado 'warning' is issued, it means that a tornado has been spotted, or is strongly indicated on radar, and it is time to go to a safe shelter immediately. If a warning is issued (emergency sirens are activated):

· Go directly to an enclosed, windowless area in the center of the building -- away from glass.

The majority of our small interior rooms, like bathrooms, conference rooms or closets, are safe areas and are marked with Tornado Shelter signs. The primary hazards associated with tornadoes are extremely high wind and debris propelled by the wind, the most fundamental rule is to avoid the wind and debris. So make yourself as small of a target as possible and use your arms to protect your head and neck. Get under a sturdy piece of furniture. Leaving the building during a tornado is extremely dangerous! We request that you stay in the shelter areas until the threat is lifted.

For more information about severe weather preparedness, please contact your county's emergency management coordinator or visit the BeReadyIowa.org web site.

Remember, severe weather safety depends on us all!

NECN's Tim Kelley enjoying this morning's powder at Stowe... It is always a blast skiing with him during a weather event, we were geeking out over the WAA snowfall. Also always fun to hear stories about Jim Cantore and Weir being party animals. Can't wait for Cantore to come back to Stowe... he's still talking about that October snowfall where he was broadcasting live up here and they got the TV truck stuck in the snow.

IMG_4761_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4756_edited-1.jpg

IMG_4763_edited-1.jpg

NECN's Tim Kelley enjoying this morning's powder at Stowe... It is always a blast skiing with him during a weather event, we were geeking out over the WAA snowfall. Also always fun to hear stories about Jim Cantore and Weir being party animals. Can't wait for Cantore to come back to Stowe... he's still talking about that October snowfall where he was broadcasting live up here and they got the TV truck stuck in the snow.

He and Noyes are my 2 favorite TV mets (Sorry Ryan, we don't get CT channels up here)

Any ticket deals of any kind? The pics you have posted this year have been my favorites on the boards

Archived