wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm no expert on this, but aren't these current weather conditions bad for starting wildfires though? (High temperatures, low dewpoints, clear skies, breezy, etc.)

Yes, whenever there is low DP's and a gusty NW breeze like today, it wont take much to get a fire going.

80 with a DP of 43 here now, Maybe 43 tonight out here? Time to turn off the A/C and open windows and air out the house

I'm no expert on this, but aren't these current weather conditions bad for starting wildfires though? (High temperatures, low dewpoints, clear skies, breezy, etc.)

it's pretty green still for the timebeing even tho it's been rather dry many areas. we dont really seem to run into terribly high fire danger around here except before greenup and after leaf fall.

DCA is 65... and here its 53 according to Davis VP.....seems almost impossible for a ~ 10 mile difference. How much influence can the tidal potomac have? Barely notice any difference here, and I'm right on the river.

Also noticed the fire-bugs are out early this yr, usually don't see them this early.

Archived