wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to keep harping on this, but considering the last week, I find this amazing. DCA is currently 30% below normal on precipitation for the month.

tha argument that it's not the corn fuel is getting harder to believe ;)

Jason,

A few questions.......how long of an exposure are you shooting for the lightning shots? 20 sec, 30 sec or bulb for something longer? What lens are you using?

Canon 7D with the kit lens (28-135mm USM) ~ f4.0 and 20 to 30 sec. exposures. I'd have to check the meta data for exact numbers...but most everything at that point was in that range.

No showers this afternoon plz. Must cut chew grass

joking of course.

I'm gonna have a "Spring house" from April through early June next to Dave's massive new deck. This is complete dogsh*t up here.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

come on down, the beer is cold and ready for consumption and i get NESN.

I dont miss that miserable **** up there this time of the year, thats for sure.

Another thundershower here overnight that dropped 0.46" of rain. 1.01" from the two storms.

Now at 5.52" of rainfall for May. Haven't checked, but pretty sure this is the first time in the five years I've lived here that I have recorded 5+" of rainfall in three consecutive months.

March: 6.09"

April: 8.78"

May: 5.52"

Another thundershower here overnight that dropped 0.46" of rain. 1.01" from the two storms.

Now at 5.52" of rainfall for May. Haven't checked, but pretty sure this is the first time in the five years I've lived here that I have recorded 5+" of rainfall in three consecutive months.

March: 6.09"

April: 8.78"

May: 5.52"

Same here. Very heavy thunderstorm last night about 1:15. As for May, I wouldn't at all be surprised to be well over 6 inches for the month. I put a rain guage out last Tuesday (I believe) and it had 3.25 inches in just one 24 hour period.

87 for the high here today. Felt a lot hotter in the sun, and dews were around 70 all day. Not the hottest temp of the year, though. Thursday was 88.

Last year, I had already recorded 5 days in the upper 80's by this time, so at least we're ahead of that torrid summer so far. Next couple of days are going to reek.

Archived