gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My backyard missed all the action last evening and into the early morning hours today. CRW and HTS on either side of me set daily rainfall records yesterday while only 0.03" fell in my gauge. There were large hail reports and heavy, training rainfall causing flooding in nearby areas. There were constant flashes of lightning all around me throughout the evening into the early morning hours. It was one of those events were you watch the show slide by you....a near miss.

The frontal boundary continues to hang in the area today and could generate more storms in this soupy air today.

Didn't realize how above normal April temps were...4F+ at IAD and BWI. IAD had nearly 2" above normal precip, but BWI and DCA were only about 0.5" above. Nearly right on the money temp-wise so far this month.

DCA is now below normal year-to-date for precipitation. The West Virginians and northern Marylanders keep stealing all of it! :gun_bandana:

OK boys and girls...need some convincing. My daughter's 3rd birthday party is Saturday at 3pm. This is supposed to be an outdoor party. Forecast is for SHRA and TSTMs. 6z NAM and GFS both seem to keep MBY fairly dry through around sunset. Thoughts?

OK boys and girls...need some convincing. My daughter's 3rd birthday party is Saturday at 3pm. This is supposed to be an outdoor party. Forecast is for SHRA and TSTMs. 6z NAM and GFS both seem to keep MBY fairly dry through around sunset. Thoughts?

If Ian, Jason, and Mark will be back by then, we can be pretty sure it will be nice and dry.

12z NAM sim radar suggests showers around with a lil QPF -- http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/12/images/nam_ref_054l.gif

Precip hole FTW :axe: -- http://www.nco.ncep.noaa.gov/pmb/nwprod/analysis/namer/nam/12/images/nam_p48_084l.gif

12z GFS would seem to suggest more rain/storms though with its QPF profile from hrs 48 to 60

Yeah I would have to agree with that still tonight.

Archived