wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The report came over National Warning Circuit and it was for a water spout that continued inland.

There is a severe wx thread... not sure how many people who following the current cells are in this thread. Just a helpful FYI

Things were already rough this morning from Romney to Keyser up to Ft. Ashby WV, with numerous roads washed out due to flooding creeks. The bands have setup again all day, right over those same areas.

Looks like Moorefield has had an easier time today, after their flooding last night.

One reason we have not seen much rain from this system despite 90 percent probabilities of precip - Is that we simply are NOT under a persistently training band. Some places are - and are being waterboarded day and night.

I have waited all week to mow my lawn which is a primordial jungle.

Well - I believed the National Weather Service forecasts - which call for 90 percent chance of thunderstorms/showers.

I'll play it safe and wait til Saturday to mow my lawn. Not to worry.............. It'll only be 14 inches tall. Meanwhile, mix of sun and clouds continues.

Should I believe my eyes --- or the NWS? We all know I hallucinate - So the NWS is correct. I wait til Saturday.

What exactly is the cause of these slow moving 500 low storms? I see there is another one out west which isn't moving anywhere fast either. Just seems like an odd weather pattern we are in.

Probably in a blocking -NAO pattern, as soon as it breaks down, look out for near record heat and humidity. We will probably be in the mid/upper 90s with 77 degree dewpoints by late next week.

One reason we have not seen much rain from this system despite 90 percent probabilities of precip - Is that we simply are NOT under a persistently training band. Some places are - and are being waterboarded day and night.

I have waited all week to mow my lawn which is a primordial jungle.

Well - I believed the National Weather Service forecasts - which call for 90 percent chance of thunderstorms/showers.

I'll play it safe and wait til Saturday to mow my lawn. Not to worry.............. It'll only be 14 inches tall. Meanwhile, mix of sun and clouds continues.

Should I believe my eyes --- or the NWS? We all know I hallucinate - So the NWS is correct. I wait til Saturday.

Nice that you have been spared down there, my back yard in Manassas is under between 6 inches and a foot of water. The garden my wife and I worked so hard on getting prepared is also under water. We have had heavy rains every day during this stretch.

I don't need a degree in advanced meteorology to know that our chance of rain today in Dale City should be rated at about 40 percent - Mix of clouds and sun with a passing shower. Tonight - 20 percent chance of widely scattered showers.

Farther north in PA look out for torrential downpours. Northern VA is too damn far south for RAIN.

We're used to this - Inside three weeks we will all be as dry as a bone

Nice that you have been spared down there, my back yard in Manassas is under between 6 inches and a foot of water. The garden my wife and I worked so hard on getting prepared is also under water. We have had heavy rains every day during this stretch.

You get to enjoy your own version of Louisiana flooding - Get the shovel ready and fill those sandbags. ;)

Archived