wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
DC/MD/VA/WV Observations/Discussions Thread

ThePhotoGuy

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This Being Late May/Early June...Definitey one of the most Discusting Evenings I can Remember, no way I can Jog tonight. Just taking out the Trash was torture, it feels like Miami.

According to the Davis VP, Humidity is at 73%, temp of 84.4. The Heat Index is..high..leaving it at that.

I tried a jebwalk this evening.

BAD CHOICE.

81 degrees with a 75 degree dewpoint. These are excellent approximations of what i would expect if I were in Austin, Texas right now.

Just horrific.

This is going to be one of the hottest summers we have ever seen. Larry Cosgrove's summer outlook is just hellish. No relief at all.

^ Is that the station that is ALWAYS WRONG though. What are the surrounding Td.

Glad I called this one off (never called it on though). Staying home, saving the gas was a good call today. But I'm pretty much staying home the rest of the season (with maybe an exception or two). Time to tropical season savings!!!

add (5:57pm)

Wonders of all wonders....Charles County has a decent storm and a warning. :guitar:

Why all the wx weenies don't live in that county is beyond me.

add: 6:08pm

Looks like there could be some new storms behind the Howard Co Anne Arundel Co (whoops). Nice convection going up just to my east and southeast (from G'burg). Pretty vigorous. Not sure the first storm worked over the atmos already though. But it's nice looking.

add: 6:20pm

The convection:

http://twitpic.com/55mafh

lol GFS :P

Wait...what? You mean below the 90s?

Looked at the run on Raleigh's site and I'm pretty sure it maxed out in the low 80's...at least for MBY. Warmer obviously south of DC.

If you have Euro access and want to post, please do.

im not saying it sucks... just that it's funny to see people so excited it's almost 10 degrees above avg

if we hadn't just had the last 3 days, I don't think there would be the same level of excitement.....85-87 is about the cutoff though....I couldn't get as exuberant about 89-92 and low dews...plus the averages get skewed by clouds and rain....for a sunny day, this is pretty average....maybe 2-3 degrees above

im not saying it sucks... just that it's funny to see people so excited it's almost 10 degrees above avg

It's beening pushing 100 degrees for the last 3 days, I haven't had working a/c at home for all of those days. Believe me, even if its 85 outside, no humidity and a breeze makes it feel fantastic.

if we hadn't just had the last 3 days, I don't think there would be the same level of excitement.....85-87 is about the cutoff though....I couldn't get as exuberant about 89-92 and low dews...plus the averages get skewed by clouds and rain....for a sunny day, this is pretty average....maybe 2-3 degrees above

I think I'm just annoyed with the weenie banter elsewhere... It's all good-- will pass.

It's beening pushing 100 degrees for the last 3 days, I haven't had working a/c at home for all of those days. Believe me, even if its 85 outside, no humidity and a breeze makes it feel fantastic.

i think tomorrow is the real deal....79-82 with dews in the low 40s and a breeze....about the best you can hope for in June

cool...I didn't disagree with your general assessment.....plus there is still a bunch of residual heat around....tomorrow should be awesome

Yeah looks nice. Maine weather looks good. :)

Archived