12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 5-8 storm discussion

OKpowdah

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never heard someone say they don't know how to hike...

I've found it's a lot like walking. Strikingly similar in fact

I am clueless what the hell you actually do on a hike. I know you walk outside look at the scenary go up a hill. but thats about it. I would find a way to get eaten by a bear, or in my case, possibly eat the bear.

I am clueless what the hell you actually do on a hike. I know you walk outside look at the scenary go up a hill. but thats about it. I would find a way to get eaten by a bear, or in my case, possibly eat the bear.

Most guys, while hiking, wank in unison as they loudly sing "go tell it on the mountain". Then you rest, eat a sandwich, think of a pretty girl...and do it all over again.

SBos,

Baltimore averages 21 inches a year. You're gonna get more snow than you expect and you may luck out and get a big one or two while you're down there. Sure, it'l melt a lot faster when it falls....and you may get a dud winter or two while you're down there that may not even produce a plowable event..but my guess is it won't be as bad as you think...and if the pu$$y is good you won't be thinking about snow anyway.

Yeah this thread actually is turning into a bit of a disaster the last page and a half.

Any discussion regarding sbos_wx's "snow total" over the next 4 years and his inability to hike should probably go here:

http://www.americanw...ay/page__st__20

I do love the quotations around snow total. Otherwise, sorry for the disaster.

I do feel like mixed bag interior on this one. Much more snow would be too good to be true.

I won't hopefully be squeezing only lemons. Towson is legendary for girls. 60/40 ratio by the way.

When I was at Hopkins, back when it was men only,(about the time of Charlemagne) Towson was also legendary for girls. And don't give up on winter; maybe another 2009-10 will happen. I got to enjoy the blizzard of 1966, which pretty much shut down the city for most of a week. What I didn't enjoy were the early Sept football practices in (armpit of the East, check its location on Chesapeake) Baltimore triple-H.

After college and spending my time in NFL camp, winter house (not a summer house) in Bridgton, and a summer house back home. Ultimate dream.

I don't know how to hunt, fish, or hike so the summer in Maine is utterly useless to me.

WTF! Don't know how to hunt,fish ok you're a city kid. But don't know how to hike? You know how to walk right? Lol

WTF! Don't know how to hunt,fish ok you're a city kid. But don't know how to hike? You know how to walk right? Lol

I grew up in the city and at least 4-8 times a winter my dad would wake me and my brother at 5am and we would drive to the Cape to go ice fishing for the day. City boy is no excuse.

:lol:

I grew up in the city and at least 4-8 times a winter my dad would wake me and my brother at 5am and we would drive to the Cape to go ice fishing for the day. City boy is no excuse.

:lol:

I didn't think there was ever enough ice on the cape to actually ice fish. I have had some great days fishing on Gull Pond in Wellfleet.

Watch the lead northern stream shortwave for Fri night/Sat - it could deliver a few inches of overrunning snow. Like Sunday's overrunning event, the shortwave will be dampening out as it moves east, but impressive WAA may compensate for that.

00z NAM is bullish on this, and the past few Euro runs have been hinting at it as well (based on the RH maps - I can't see the precip. maps).

Watch the lead northern stream shortwave for Fri night/Sat - it could deliver a few inches of overrunning snow. Like Sunday's overrunning event, the shortwave will be dampening out as it moves east, but impressive WAA may compensate for that.

00z NAM is bullish on this, and the past few Euro runs have been hinting at it as well (based on the RH maps - I can't see the precip. maps).

I think last nights Euro may have semi lost that

Yeah, big temp drop behind the front too.

yeah the surface cold actually outpaces the low/mid level cooling. it runs the surface feezing line offshore as the event unfolds...but actually keeps it milder aloft for a time just west. a rare ZR/IP storm for the immediate CP for a chunk of the QPF. :lol:

so it goes heavy rain/possible flood issue, to ZR, to IP then snow.

yeah the surface cold actually outpaces the low/mid level cooling. it runs the surface feezing line offshore as the event unfolds...but actually keeps it milder aloft for a time just west. a rare ZR/IP storm for the immediate CP for a chunk of the QPF. :lol:

so it goes heavy rain/possible flood issue, to ZR, to IP then snow.

Yeah if that were to happen..what a dynamic storm, and everyone would see similar conditions too..lol.

Archived