amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
March 5-8 storm discussion

OKpowdah

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love damage from wind, t-storms, roof collapses etc..but flooding rains just don't do it for me, I have no interest in flooding or heavy rain events otherthan the novelty of them

!

Why would you love that?

I guess there is a morbid curiosity, and I know this topic has been beaten to death... but getting your jollys while others weep is foreign to me.

I think you only like snow. Nothing wrong with that though.

From Nov 1- April 15th I only like snow and or ice. I want nothing to do with rain.

Once past April 15th when in most cases snow season is over in my area...i like thunderstorms and/or canes..both of which bring rain. A rainstorm or a rainy noreaster that drop 3-6 inches of rain just don't get my weenie up..just keeps it limp and lifeless.

No it's not. His whole point is that we haven't had a warm rain storm since December.

The point I was trying to make is that while there have been a few torches for interior New England since late Dec, none have been accompanied by any substantial rain.

maybe you both missed the "lol" at the end of my post.

I completely understand the jist of what he was saying, and thought that it rained on jan 1, which was warm. obviously i was wrong, and expressed that by saying "a mere technicality lol"

I love damage from wind, t-storms, roof collapses etc..but flooding rains just don't do it for me, I have no interest in flooding or heavy rain events otherthan the novelty of them

Maybe not flooding rains "in itself"....hurricanes, connie/diane, strong training storms, Oct 05 Wilma hybrid noreaster, Dec 92 (remember the wind and flooding prior to snow) etc are all part of it.

Don't like seeing it retreating Northeast though

The pattern is not good, nothing else to say. lol No reason for any high to stay anchored in...the pattern does not support that. Cutter after cutter until we see some NAO changes, a meaningful 50/50 low, some cause for back- up there to our NE. EL NINO really showing its teeth without sustained blocking ...the cold air is right there nearby, too, which is frustrating (and maybe throwing a monkey-wrench into the model bias longer range given theyre out into mid-March already)

The pattern is not good, nothing else to say. lol No reason for any high to stay anchored in...the pattern does not support that. Cutter after cutter until we see some NAO changes, a meaningful 50/50 low, some cause for back- up there to our NE. La Nina really showing its teeth without sustained blocking ...the cold air is right there nearby, too, which is frustrating (and maybe throwing a monkey-wrench into the model bias longer range given theyre out into mid-March already)

Best post of the last 48 hours. I don't know what the dozens of posts mentioning big snow and winter still being here are all about.

The pattern is not good, nothing else to say. lol No reason for any high to stay anchored in...the pattern does not support that. Cutter after cutter until we see some NAO changes, a meaningful 50/50 low, some cause for back- up there to our NE. La Nina really showing its teeth without sustained blocking ...the cold air is right there nearby, too, which is frustrating (and maybe throwing a monkey-wrench into the model bias longer range given theyre out into mid-March already)

U sound like u r from sne...been payin attention last few days and noticing that marginal setups have been workin?

Might as well throw in that we switch to DST on the 13th...... :arrowhead:

Best post of the last 48 hours. I don't know what the dozens of posts mentioning big snow and winter still being here are all about.

:facepalm:

You must not have gotten the memo....winter returns by Mid March in a savagely brutal way. I'm expecting solid snow chances until at least Memorial Day.

This next storm is looking more and more like a huge torch

I think NNE will escape and maybe parts of CNE.

Archived