Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 5-8 storm discussion

OKpowdah

This storm looks ideal

Friday night overrunning snow for northern NE followed by a delayed torch/rainstorm on Sunday.

PERFECT for Saturday skiing and then we can finally do away with the rest of my gross snowpack

After your pack glaciates this week you will be stuck with it until April, by the way budget teaser in a light jacket outside in a parking lot?, stand in front of the snow!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are approaching 08 depths

CON was 36" yesterday and I was at 35-36". I haven't measured yet today, but we didn't lose too much. The fluff from Sunday got compacted to hell, but we had 1" of IP/S today before the glaze to solidify the glacier. 3 years ago tomorrow I was up to 43". If we can pull Sunday out of the hat it will be right up there with '08.

CON was 36" yesterday and I was at 35-36". I haven't measured yet today, but we didn't lose too much. The fluff from Sunday got compacted to hell, but we had 1" of IP/S today before the glaze to solidify the glacier. 3 years ago tomorrow I was up to 43". If we can pull Sunday out of the hat it will be right up there with '08.

I realize the folks in Maine had near 50 but I was referring more to you guys in SNH, man what a comeback. Plus you have had a lot less this year owing to the power of a true cold winter.

Lol...yeah i dont know.

apparently I have a warm bias.

Wait until Kevin's snow is all gone and we're past the point of realistic snow event....everyone here will have a cold bias to him.

It will be 94F torches on the way every week with a great squall line to top it off.

Wait until Kevin's snow is all gone and we're past the point of realistic snow event....everyone here will have a cold bias to him.

It will be 94F torches on the way every week with a great squall line to top it off.

I dread weatherwiz' stupid faux "severe" events...with him talking about HOW EXCITED HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then pretending to be drunk after mentioning a 40oz and posting like an idiot about how he wants to stuff Hanna Montana like a THAH84KS GIVI8NG TUR6KEY!!!!!!!!

That makes me want to hit him, hard.

Balls to the walls 24/7

If it ain't extreme it ain't happening. Weather is never average or mundane.

Go Go Go!!!

I dread weatherwiz' stupid faux "severe" events...with him talking about HOW EXCITED HE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then pretending to be drunk after mentioning a 40oz and posting like an idiot about how he wants to stuff Hanna Montana like a THAH84KS GIVI8NG TUR6KEY!!!!!!!!

I miss your tantrums

2011 is so different than 2010

I miss your tantrums

2011 is so different than 2010

I threw 2 of them:

One when I realized that the Boxing day event was going to turn into a shreded disaster and another, upon coming to the realization that the epic pattern was over, post groundhog day.

Nothing like last year.......there won't be any more this season because I'm happy with it.

Honestly, last year was one of the worst tstm seasons for me. I had one good storm on June 4th, and that occurred at night. It was probably a top 5 nocturnal storm for me complete with dime size hail, but seriously...that was it.

I do appreciate a good tstm. I don't need 60+ mph winds and softballs coming down, but last year sucked.

Honestly, last year was one of the worst tstm seasons for me. I had one good storm on June 4th, and that occurred at night. It was probably a top 5 nocturnal storm for me complete with dime size hail, but seriously...that was it.

I do appreciate a good tstm. I don't need 60+ mph winds and softballs coming down, but last year sucked.

I didn't notice how bad it was because I never expect anything, anyway....therefore never pay it much mind.

2 years that I do recall as decent for me were 2005 and 2008....saw hail in each.

One of these systems is bound to do some serious damage to the interior snow/ice pack. I wonder if this is the one. The last two at one point looked like huge torching cutters (SE areas did warm sector in each one)...but they ended up on the whole much colder than forecast.

If we back this this 5h flow from the SSE while the system is still way to the west, then we might finally get a mild rainstorm. However, there is a huge 1045mb high retreating NE as this one approaches so once again, we'll at least initially be dealing with CAD. It just depends if this system can basically stall out for 2 days and wait for the high to move out of the way before torching us.

Archived