12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
March 5-8 storm discussion

OKpowdah

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best post of the last 48 hours. I don't know what the dozens of posts mentioning big snow and winter still being here are all about.

Thanks...I love cold and snow, but it's getting ugly . Especially for the populous of SNE. Not just in the present, but like you had said (or was it Scott?) the next 7-8 days are very ugly looking.

The gfs ens do have that secondary development around D7? Not giving up on it completely.

Even the Canadian ensembles are mild, but do have a flip to snow for CNE/NNE.

There's almost no question we all start mild, but for some..the question is whether or not we change to snow at the end. As of now..it's such a tight situation that I'm not high on it at all, but I suppose I wouldn't rule it out. Might be a better chance up north. Euro ensembles aren't far off from the Canadian.

There's almost no question we all start mild, but for some..the question is whether or not we change to snow at the end. As of now..it's such a tight situation that I'm not high on it at all, but I suppose I wouldn't rule it out. Might be a better chance up north. Euro ensembles aren't far off from the Canadian.

GFS/GEFS are the cold outliers?

I know they still have mostly rain, but they are the coldest overall, correct?

Bare ground to CON??

GFS/GEFS are the cold outliers?

I know they still have mostly rain, but they are the coldest overall, correct?

I would say yes right now, but they all show the torch in front of it. The question is what happens as the front rolls through...does it just shut off and do nothing, or do some people flip to snow. Like Phil said earlier, it's threading the needle.

Bare ground to CON??

Time to give up on snowpack. Even average temps this time of year melts snow. Maybe hilly areas will get another 2 weeks of widespread deep snow, but at this point I'm just looking for a storm or two. In March, I think depth is unrealistic in SNE outside of maybe WIll/Pete.

CNE/NNE is a different story.

Time to give up on snowpack. Even average temps this time of year melts snow. Maybe hilly areas will get another 2 weeks of widespread deep snow, but at this point I'm just looking for a storm or two. In March, I think depth is unrealistic in SNE outside of maybe WIll/Pete. CNE/NNE is a different story.
We've basically had deep snowcover since Dec 26th..I haven't seen any grass since jan 2nd..so 2 full months was great. Once we get to March i don't care as much about snowpack as even sunny cold days like today will torch it in the sun. i really just want to get to 100 inches and then Ryan, Messenger and the one or 2 others , can all have their rain events and enjoy mud season

We've basically had deep snowcover since Dec 26th..I haven't seen any grass since jan 2nd..so 2 full months was great. Once we get to March i don't care as much about snowpack as even sunny cold days like today will torch it in the sun. i really just want to get to 100 inches and then Ryan, Messenger and the one or 2 others , can all have their rain events and enjoy mud season

Yeah I agree 100%. I want a a good storm or 2 to end the season. The snowpack run was epic, so its expected that in march it ends. Today, at 38F, the snow is melting as efficently as the 55F of a few weeks ago was.

I just want one March storm...just one...I do average about 12" March 1st on....

From Nov 1- April 15th I only like snow and or ice. I want nothing to do with rain.

Once past April 15th when in most cases snow season is over in my area...i like thunderstorms and/or canes..both of which bring rain. A rainstorm or a rainy noreaster that drop 3-6 inches of rain just don't get my weenie up..just keeps it limp and lifeless.

:lol:

well contrary to what you might think, i'm not rooting for a rain storm. i just think the combo of existing snow pack, the current weather pattern and the calendar deserves some attention.

i made a melt down thread intentionally to try and keep the rainstorm talk out of the general talk thread because i figured it would get labeled as trolling or something. but now they are all mushed together anyway and it seems like we have 4 "active" threads now.

ALB airport has 11" on the ground as of this morning, and Schenectady has 12".

The 5" is from Renssalaer County, but another location in that county has 15" on the ground.

http://kamala.cod.edu/ny/latest.sxus51.KALY.html

http://www.nohrsc.noaa.gov/nsa/reports.html?region=Northeast&var=snowdepth&sort=value&units=e&dy=2011&dm=3&dd=1&dh=18

How does ALB only have 5-7 inches? Is that right? they got crushed earlier in the week

I understand the -NAO is not the end all, be all, for snow in sne, but the next 7-10 days may be the reason why the -NAO DOES mean snow and why many of us wanted it to keep going. If the -PNA were just a little weaker, we'd cash in, but blocking would have been huge over the last few weeks and probably going forward.

No mud season here and the grass is just showing the first signs of darkening but it's a good two weeks away from anything good. I do expect the first few bulbs to poke out any day now.

You can have your month old crusty old snow. Kids are out playing lax in the yard right now....

No mud season here and the grass is just showing the first signs of darkening but it's a good two weeks away from anything good. I do expect the first few bulbs to poke out any day now.

You can have your month old crusty old snow. Kids are out playing lax in the yard right now....

I'd like to see pictures of your deep green grass..and the kids playing whatever lax is in the yard

I'm skiing tonight... la la la laaaa

What about the western Berks? Ya know, where the ski areas are ... Hoping it doesn't turn to all NCP for Saturday and Sunday :frostymelt:

Its not looking good. Hopefully we can get that 2nd system that forms along the front to trend eastward and give some snow on the back end, but right now I think its a long shot.

No it isn't.

Archived