EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
March 5-8 storm discussion

OKpowdah

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, last year was one of the worst tstm seasons for me. I had one good storm on June 4th, and that occurred at night. It was probably a top 5 nocturnal storm for me complete with dime size hail, but seriously...that was it.

I do appreciate a good tstm. I don't need 60+ mph winds and softballs coming down, but last year sucked.

You missed an absolutely crazy storm that crushed downtown boston I think in July or August. I was waiting to pick some people up around cleveland circle and the rain came charging down Beacon St. like a wall and gusts to 70+. After the storm let up, I drove from Cleveland Circle to the Boston Common and must have seen 25 downed trees including one that completely crushed a car by coolidge corner with EMTs on sight attending to the injured driver, a small tree in the island on comm ave literally split right down the middle, and numerous old trees in the common blown over. It was insane.

You missed an absolutely crazy storm that crushed downtown boston I think in July or August. I was waiting to pick some people up around cleveland circle and the rain came charging down Beacon St. like a wall and gusts to 70+. After the storm let up, I drove from Cleveland Circle to the Boston Common and must have seen 25 downed trees including one that completely crushed a car by coolidge corner with EMTs on sight attending to the injured driver, a small tree in the island on comm ave literally split right down the middle, and numerous old trees in the common blown over. It was insane.

Yep, 5 miles from it. Went right down I-90.

Long winter. I'm starting to come around to the "if it's not going to snow...be done with it". Not that I actually feel that way but other than a painful stab here and there we are lacking sustained cold and favorable NAO. I'd much rather have those things now so we don't pay in spring with miserably cold drizzly/rainy wx until the solstice. All that said...I think a week from now we may well be on the cusp of the biggest snow of the season. Book it.

There were 2. One on a Saturday when I lost part of my basement. The other around 8/5 when I lost the rest.

Long winter. I'm starting to come around to the "if it's not going to snow...be done with it". Not that I actually feel that way but other than a painful stab here and there we are lacking sustained cold and favorable NAO. I'd much rather have those things now so we don't pay in spring with miserably cold drizzly/rainy wx until the solstice. All that said...I think a week from now we may well be on the cusp of the biggest snow of the season. Book it.

Wow...I won't go there.

Wait until Kevin's snow is all gone and we're past the point of realistic snow event....everyone here will have a cold bias to him.

It will be 94F torches on the way every week with a great squall line to top it off.

Right. Well I guess in the meantime I should just pretend that winter is going to last until july this year.

Shame on me for objectivity. :lol:

I think we may get some overrunning stuff on the front end of this one or even before the storm in a separate weak wave. It will at least help tick the seasonal totals up even if there's a good deal of rain in the main storm.

Heretic!

Banished from COT meetings

... but then I read your last 2 sentences... all good!

I think you are right on this...

Enjoy your snow now, Its the only snow you will have

After college and spending my time in NFL camp, winter house (not a summer house) in Bridgton, and a summer house back home. Ultimate dream.

I don't know how to hunt, fish, or hike so the summer in Maine is utterly useless to me.

After college and spending my time in NFL camp, winter house (not a summer house) in Bridgton, and a summer house back home. Ultimate dream.

I don't know how to hunt, fish, or hike so the summer in Maine is utterly useless to me.

You can enjoy your summers up here even if you don't hunt, fish or hike? Do you know how to drink? lol

Never heard someone say they don't know how to hike...

I've found it's a lot like walking. Strikingly similar in fact

Archived