Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some of the snow banks along the main road through my town. This gives you an idea of scale. I have a full size PU and the guy in front of me has one too. Oh, that's a semi coming the other way. I have a sugar bush on the left hand side and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get in there. Even if I get by the banks, it's still 3-4' on the level in there.

Here's some of the snow banks along the main road through my town. This gives you an idea of scale. I have a full size PU and the guy in front of me has one too. Oh, that's a semi coming the other way. I have a sugar bush on the left hand side and I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get in there. Even if I get by the banks, it's still 3-4' on the level in there.

Looks familiar...lol heavy heavy snow :thumbsup:

That's pretty impressive. Those banks are huge.

Great pictures, everyone... thanks for sharing. Only around two feet on the ground here (I never thought I'd be saying, *only 2 feet*) so we've got some catching up to do.

Yesterday on the way home . I spent some time admiring the banks and piles, even down here in SECT things are totally impressive. Probably maxed out for depth as the sun is getting stronger but maintenance of depth looks pretty good and if we pop a good one maybe a foot increase. At any rate the piles are unreal in the commercial lots, we should start a pool , take a picture of a random pile and predict the last day of it's existence, preferably a shady pile.

You need to get out of your car and give us some depth pictures not ugly road shots.LOL

i think it's a horse drawn carriage.

If i can get some more icing on top of this pack i think i may wet my pants. Temps should drop like a freakin rock tonite....i'm still under clear skies ...light winds.....hopefully clouds fill in around 3-5 am.....and seal in the cold.

You need to get out of your car and give us some depth pictures not ugly road shots.LOL

I'm always in a rush and honestly to walk anywhere I need to put on snowshoes. If I go to the hardware store tomorrow I'll get a yardstick for some depth shots, all I have are tape measurers.lol Also want to do a test pit and try to illuminate the side wall so you can see all the layers from December on.

I'm always in a rush and honestly to walk anywhere I need to put on snowshoes. If I go to the hardware store tomorrow I'll get a yardstick for some depth shots, all I have are tape measurers.lol Also want to do a test pit and try to illuminate the side wall so you can see all the layers from December on.

Do the test pit, I made on yesterday, very easy to see all the storms, love doing that.

The electric outlet sitting in the snow is at about 3' - 3 1/2'.

At the end of the driveway that pile is almost 9' tall (was higher, but has compressed a bit), can't throw it any higher. The piles along the driveway have already been spread out once, so a very wide base. These pics were taken earlier this morning, probably sitting close to 30" - 33".

Probably something we want see around these parts for a long time...really incredible.

post-1304-0-27597100-1296873917.jpg

post-1304-0-81846700-1296873930.jpg

post-1304-0-47998000-1296873950.jpg

post-1304-0-55182200-1296873963.jpg

I figured my shots from today that I posted in the torch thread should go in here so they can found easily later on....

Here I two I took tonight on Winter Hill:

feb7orh2.jpg

feb7orh3.jpg

Now compare it to the January 5, 2008 shot where there was roughly a 17" snow pack...maybe a tad higher in spots

08janpics052.jpg

I figured my shots from today that I posted in the torch thread should go in here so they can found easily later on....

Here I two I took tonight on Winter Hill:

feb7orh2.jpg

feb7orh3.jpg

Now compare it to the January 5, 2008 shot where there was roughly a 17" snow pack...maybe a tad higher in spots

08janpics052.jpg

Wow-whats amazing is I remember being impressed with the 17" pack when you posted it before. Now it almost looks "meh." lol.

Wow-whats amazing is I remember being impressed with the 17" pack when you posted it before. Now it almost looks "meh." lol.

Funny how that works...lol. But 34" is twice that of 17"...so not surprising that 17" looks pathetic now next to it. :lol:

At any rate, I have really enjoyed the look of the landscape. It will be nice to freshen it up tonight as you can see the piles were starting to take on a bit of color....even in a quiet neighborhood.

Nice pics. Plenty of snow depth. Yet...and I believe this is ground truth, we've reached the high water mark and will maintain but week to week drop. By the time we get our next KU if it happens this year, it will be harder to hold depth. Nonetheless, having solid deep snow cover for so long in this Boston area...basically from the solstice possibly to the equinox...is epic.

Nice pics. Plenty of snow depth. Yet...and I believe this is ground truth, we've reached the high water mark and will maintain but week to week drop. By the time we get our next KU if it happens this year, it will be harder to hold depth. Nonetheless, having solid deep snow cover for so long in this Boston area...basically from the solstice possibly to the equinox...is epic.

Jerry, I hope you are wrong...but I agree that we've probably reached the peak depth. My only hope is we nurse this down about another 12-14" to around 18-20" of depth and then get totally whacked with another KU in early March that dumps 20"....then we'd have that on top of 18-20" of totally incompressible concrete and we'd reach the high water mark again or surpass it....but that's unlikely...however, we always have room for some optimism.

Jerry, I hope you are wrong...but I agree that we've probably reached the peak depth. My only hope is we nurse this down about another 12-14" to around 18-20" of depth and then get totally whacked with another KU in early March that dumps 20"....then we'd have that on top of 18-20" of totally incompressible concrete and we'd reach the high water mark again or surpass it....but that's unlikely...however, we always have room for some optimism.

The depths could have been totally unprecedented if we'd gotten one of the storms this week. Everyone was very excited last week about record depths and breaking the 95-96 snowfall totals, but alas, we may have to wait another year Snowman.gif

Archived