• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

That's fooking hilarious Kevin. How did you get them that high? Usually the snow sort of rolls down and collapses. What's the wife think..lol.

Yeah it did happen a couple times..it was like a mini avalanche..especially up by the house in those first few pics..I just toss the snow up there very carefully lol..As high as they are it just kills your shoulder and forearm..but it has to be done.

She thinks i am a lunatic and is embarrassed for me lol

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah it did happen a couple times..it was like a mini avalanche..especially up by the house in those first few pics..I just toss the snow up there very carefully lol..As high as they are it just kills your shoulder and forearm..but it has to be done.

She thinks i am a lunatic and is embarrassed for me lol

LOL, who cares...we all have it. Those are awesome..you gotta submit that to a news station or the Globe.

I've just been staring at them since i came inside lol.

Think i should get a roof rake for my roof? There's over 2 feet of snow on some parts of the roof

I was just knocking icicles off and thinking the same thing, wow, pitch looks OK but same kind of house as mine. Probably we should based on two week.

Amazing photos - great work! And I thought my snow piles were high. I'll get some pictures when I get home and finishing shoveling the rest of the driveway.

Unless you have a flatter section of roof, you probably don't need the roof rake. Our sunroom roof flattens out quite a bit and of course that's where we get the best drifting as well, so I have to rake it after every storm. Really rough on the shoulders.

I've just been staring at them since i came inside lol.

Think i should get a roof rake for my roof? There's over 2 feet of snow on some parts of the roof

I think the one we got at Home Depot is about 17' - three 5' sections and the rake piece is about 2'. It flops around like crazy, but it gets the job done.

My problem is getting a roof rake long enough, live on a big hill, elevation to roof goes from 15 to 22 and this boy ain't climbing on a roof with ice.

all those icicles hanging down that could be bad news

we dont get that kind of stuff up here usually since we dont get daytime thawing..... but they mention that can signal roof damage i imagine, may want to look into that.

Icicles are on every house down here, heat loss, snow melt, sun angle higher down here.

I bought my wife a garage in a box last year for her new jeep as we keep our late daughters Gallant in the attached two car. It is very durable and perfect. I have been extremely vigilant keeping it free of snow, last night I almost saw it collapse right in front of my eyes, would have cause some good damage to the Jeep, good thing I checked, out in 5 per hour at 3 in the AM raking down with a street broom the roof, it did lean some but good save.

I'm not gonna take a chisel to my ice...the way my roof slopes that is an injury waiting to happen. according to what I found online...gonna fill up some pantyhose with calcium chloride and lay it across the roof/gutters. I fear it may be already too late for the gutters though, we'll see.

Ray has the pantyhose, friend him on FB

Archived