• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

LOl, ok Scott, I'll try to grab some pics for you. It is impressive but not without precedent. Here's a couple from a few years back. March '08 I think, 48" ski pole. Also, Ginx has just about 40" on the ground at a far lower elevation in Conn.

Oh dude I don't doubt you have it... you get a lot of snow and a lot of precip. Ginx's maps pointed it out... nice coastal maximum and eastern slopes with regard to SWE. Amazing snow mecca there in SNE. You should just take some more pictures because its awesome, lol.

Think about it this way... many in SNE have more snow on the ground than 3,000ft in northern Vermont (depth is 37"). Lower elevations are only 12-18". You have any glades to ski near your house? You've got better coverage than a lot of Vermont, haha.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh dude I don't doubt you have it... you get a lot of snow and a lot of precip. Ginx's maps pointed it out... nice coastal maximum and eastern slopes with regard to SWE. Amazing snow mecca there in SNE. You should just take some more pictures because its awesome, lol.

Think about it this way... many in SNE have more snow on the ground than 3,000ft in northern Vermont (depth is 37"). Lower elevations are only 12-18". You have any glades to ski near your house? You've got better coverage than a lot of Vermont, haha.

I was at MRG yesterday and there is a lot more than 36" on the ground up on the hill but I did notice driving through Moretown and Waitsfield that they didn't have half the snow that we currently have here.WRT the SWE, almost all of the snow that has fallen here has been dry fluff so factor that in as well. I think it was on Ginx's map you can see the WMA bullseye right over this area. as far as the pictures, I have thousands of pics of snow from over the years and these days it's really an after thought usually. I do have several steep glades to ski here. One is the former Berkshire Snow Basin, now abandoned. Also I have pruned a few pitches to ski up behind my house and down in Becket at the 2k site there are some fun glades that we've been using the snowmachines (Cheating I know) to rack up some vertical. All in All a super Winter so far. MRG yesterday/Crest of the Berks from the air.lol

Skied the last 2 nights at Wachusett (well yesterday afternoon/evening) and they have so much snow. Very powdery, unlike their usual ice/ground up stuff.

Great conditions.

Now if all of the chuckleheads would just leave me alone on the mountain, I would be much happier. Soooooo many idiots there.

Light now falling here attm... dusting earlier today, too.

Skied the last 2 nights at Wachusett (well yesterday afternoon/evening) and they have so much snow. Very powdery, unlike their usual ice/ground up stuff.

Great conditions.

Now if all of the chuckleheads would just leave me alone on the mountain, I would be much happier. Soooooo many idiots there.

Light now falling here attm... dusting earlier today, too.

Not a lot of idiots at MRG.lol Although one time I had to wait for someone to get on the single before me. Here's a pic of the huge lunch time crowd.

Houston we have a problem. Never in a million years did I ever think the four foot fence I put up not be tall enough to contain two 14 inch Bichons , assumption fail. Had to dig a moa

I was wondering what people with a fence for dogs would do to keep the dogs contained, I have an invisible fence so didnt have that problem. Did you dig the moat by hand?

Archived