Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple pics from the other day at Topnotch Resort and Spa on the Mountain Road here in Stowe (950ft elevation)... my folks were visiting so I took some shots around the condo in town.

Measured 30" of depth on Sunday... it took us a little while to get here but solid snow cover since December 5th has finally added up to be a nice snow pack. Of course, the 22" that fell in town over the past week didn't hurt, and now with over 2" of liquid added to the snowpack in the last week, it isn't all fluff and actually has some heft to it.

IMG_3152_edited-1.jpg

No view out of that window...

IMG_3159_edited-1.jpg

Deck railing...

IMG_3154_edited-1.jpg

SUV that sat all week showing the "net gain" of three storms totaling 22" over the past 7 days.

IMG_3151_edited-1.jpg

How come there's no bending to your body in that picture?

Ahhhhhhh, This is because Deb needs to learn how to balance in the snow. Also, note the slight slant stick which i said was blasphemy in measuring.

The snow was getting deeper where I was. The average was 29" on the brief milder day. She is in lower elevation. My average was 33" on my hill.

i think he just has a ****load of snow

obviously he takes care of his banks to the highest level......but what else is he supposed to do?

theres a lot of snow.

i used to pile it up high when i shoveled myself....im sure most people do.

i'm just wondering what else people do when shoveling a driveway? do they throw it farther away so it scatters but stays lower? that seems like more work with the throwing motion.

I throw the snow over the pile so it slides down the backside instead of back into the driveway. They know me around here...if I did what Kevin does I'd never hear the end of it.

I throw the snow over the pile so it slides down the backside instead of back into the driveway. They know me around here...if I did what Kevin does I'd never hear the end of it.

The snow often falls back down the front of the bank and into the driveway as i'm shovelling.. thus creating more work for me..but all very worth it. They all know me in my area too..Who cares what people say? it's fun

The snow often falls back down the front of the bank and into the driveway as i'm shovelling.. thus creating more work for me..but all very worth it. They all know me in my area too..Who cares what people say? it's fun

i know what you mean

at some point you reach critical height where it becomes very difficult to throw the snow 'over' the bank.....essentiually you are just trying to get it on top without sliding down i front, because its so high.

that happened in 07-08 for me, and since then i hired a plow guy to clear the driveway......of course it hasnt really snowed properly since :arrowhead:

lol - "GET OUT THERE WOMAN, AND MEASURE THE SNOW FOR ME!!!"

Dude, she look so unthrilled it's almost sad. Never mind that she's dragging her mink coat through the snow.

lol - i guess thats why she had me sit on the other side of the couch the next day. Yeah, she does look miserable. She hates the snow. I raked the edges of her roof, so that was payback.. have her measure snowdepth, and teach her the Correct way. However, she said NO more.

I have a funny 12 second Vid of her ( that she forbid me to post anywhere) she got stuck in the deeper snow area's ( mink coat and all). I'll post it. :lol:

lol - i guess thats why she had me sit on the other side of the couch the next day. Yeah, she does look miserable. She hates the snow. I raked the edges of her roof, so that was payback.. have her measure snowdepth, and teach her the Correct way. However, she said NO more.

I have a funny 12 second Vid of her ( that she forbid me to post anywhere) she got stuck in the deeper snow area's ( mink coat and all). I'll post it. :lol:

now That would be a funny vid to see :D

Funny how that works...lol. But 34" is twice that of 17"...so not surprising that 17" looks pathetic now next to it. :lol:

Those are some very impressive pictures, not just yours but the others as well.

Around this time last year I had the same amount of snow on the ground as what you have now, and in the midst of that, I felt that 12" seemed mediocre.

lol - "GET OUT THERE WOMAN, AND MEASURE THE SNOW FOR ME!!!"

Dude, she look so unthrilled it's almost sad. Never mind that she's dragging her mink coat through the snow.

Here is the ( snow hater) redhead on Vid. going out to measure the snow ( in different area's) in that mink coat... a brief video promised to Cold Miser.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9207/hd9.mp4

No crazy hand motions... wtf?

I know Dave,.. Whats up with that? She should know better.. lol... wtf? She would have a fit if she knew i posted that on the baord, but no harm done. JMHO.

How has your snowdepth been? I was wondering if you made out better on the Snow following the GTG with your latitude.

Archived