EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark, I don't think anyone anywhere near you as ever referred to this month as a disaster.

This month was almost a disaster. the 3 week period between 2/2 and 2/25 was pretty lame. 2/25-2/28 pretty much saved february from the depths of hell.

you are arguing something completely different.

What I said was, "No more snowstorms for SNE until at least early March" and I even said "March 8-11 looks good for potential" That was two-almost three weeks ago I said that, not recently.

What I also said was " SW CT would not see a winter storm until next season, they are done"

Finally I said that NNE would do very well in this pattern compared to SNE.

All of those things have happened since Feb 10th.

Since 2/8, how much snow has ORH BOS KEV GAY had? Don't give the overall month total because it is irrelevant. The pattern went to crap 2nd week of Feb and you're taking snowfall from a different regime when SNE was still in the game, so to speak.

It's been a huge gradient for snowfall since, you know it and I know it. It's been all CNE and north since (including N parts of SNE that are more climo-orientated like CNE).

We have had 15.8" here in the past week. How much has BOS had, or TAN, HFD, even ORH?

i don't know exactly...but they all have gotten below average snow, so you can argue that. But they've also been below normal temp wise.

This 1st week of March, will probably be around average to below average but you will twist it to be a torch. Tomorrow you'll be in your glory with mid 40s and march sun then on Thursday when it doesn't get out of the mid-20s you will somehow claim its one normal day before the torch.

Your right about no major storms, but climo doesn't necessarily say we should have a winter storm with greater then 6" all the time. Even in the dead of winter ORH averages something like 5" a week.

Basically, I agree that winter has slowed down since Feb 10, but its nothing that unusual, besides maybe slightly below normal snowfall. Temps have been below normal and snow cover has been above normal.

i don't know exactly...but they all have gotten below average snow, so you can argue that. But they've also been below normal temp wise.

This 1st week of March, will probably be around average to below average but you will twist it to be a torch. Tomorrow you'll be in your glory with mid 40s and march sun then on Thursday when it doesn't get out of the mid-20s you will somehow claim its one normal day before the torch.

Your right about no major storms, but climo doesn't necessarily say we should have a winter storm with greater then 6" all the time. Even in the dead of winter ORH averages something like 5" a week.

Basically, I agree that winter has slowed down since Feb 10, but its nothing that unusual, besides maybe slightly below normal snowfall. Temps have been below normal and snow cover has been above normal.

Since Feb 8th, ORH has had about a foot of snow...that's almost dead on climo.

Since Feb 8th, ORH has had about a foot of snow...that's almost dead on climo.

In a post yesterday I told him that we are actually above normal for Feb..but he told me not to include the first 10 days. Most of the other stations are below normal snow but not by much. Anyone thinking winter ended on Feb 10 is wrong, simply put. It slowed down yes, but even in south ct/RI it was below normal temps w/some snow.

Also, nice Pics!! My yard looks simlar but maybe with 6" less or so (16-18") but across the street has about 6-8" with some grass patches.

Will I remember that same weenie shot of the lower elevations in the distance, only I think the fence was almost completely buried..lol. Still pretty impressive snowpack. It looks ice covered and rock solid.

Yeah I took the same pic for a comparison....you can see how we are about 10-12" less than when I took that shot back on Feb 7th. It actually was totally covered right after the Feb 2nd storm, but I didn't take a pic of it until 5 days later when it settled/melted a tad.

But its still only about a foot (to 15" in spots) from the top of that 3 foot fence, which proves a solid 2 foot pack.

I took a pic of a house on the final shot in that weenie area behind winter hill. You can see how the roof has had little sun with the old snow still on top of it from January,

LOL...Ray, there was a general feeling of disaster in the thread, and indeed we went almost 3 weeks without appreciable snow. But we recovered in a big way! Dave, we succeeded in getting the snow off of the worst most vulnerable part of the roof. Actually the new snow anchored the ladder well. the only suffering was me at the bottom, holding the ladder and getting snow dumped on me.

Who is "we"....there was a feeling of disaster because the vast majority of posters live well to the s of you and many of them haven't really recovered.

You have...I have done Ok, but once you get s of the pike, it gets pretty ugly for the most part.

Archived