• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

Nice setup and def heavy heavy snowpack.

I can now see why your temp read so low during the torch. It's submerged in snow lol

The sensor is protected, but it stays colder right near the ground.....I honestly really don't care what the temp in on my roof.....I care what it is1M over my pack.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SNE has had anywhere from 10-20" since winter was over. lol.

Have they? Maybe right near the border towns ..if you want to be icky about it and call the area I live SNE, yes it has been wintry. However I said CNE and NNE the snow and winter wx will continue to cover that aspect.

Have they? Maybe right near the border towns ..if you want to be icky about it and call the area I live SNE, yes it has been wintry. However I said CNE and NNE the snow and winter wx will continue to cover that aspect.

yes? Will has had 12-13", I've had 10", BOS has had 9-10", southern NH has had 15-20", Kevin has had abot 10-12". All after "winter was over."

You could argue that south CT/RI and the cape haven't much snow but that's climo at the end of Feb.

BOS and ORH are above normal for the month sf. lol.

Great pics Moneypit. Quintessential New England countryside!!

When tourists think of New England they think of a couple things. Boston, the colleges...the colonial history..the Red Sox...the old fashioned countryside and of course the coastline. And for those of us who live on the coastline...the south coast, cape and the islands...Birving has been dead on. Hundreds of thousands of people travel to the South Coast, Cape and Islands every year and yes....we are still part of New England. And, yes, the substantial part of our winter (snow wise) basically ended in late January. The Feb. 2 storm dumped no more than 3 inches or less in these areas...and the last two snow events have been insignificant and low impact for us. Although BIrvings proclamations have been met with stiff resistance in this space, his forecast for the southern half of SNE from PVD-TAN on south has been excellent.

When tourists think of New England they think of a couple things. Boston, the colleges...the colonial history..the Red Sox...the old fashioned countryside and of course the coastline. And for those of us who live on the coastline...the south coast, cape and the islands...Birving has been dead on. Hundreds of thousands of people travel to the South Coast, Cape and Islands every year and yes....we are still part of New England. And, yes, the substantial part of our winter (snow wise) basically ended in late January. The Feb. 2 storm dumped no more than 3 inches or less in these areas...and the last two snow events have been insignificant and low impact for us. Although BIrvings proclamations have been met with stiff resistance in this space, his forecast for the southern half of SNE from PVD-TAN on south has been excellent.

It didn't take a rocket scientist to anticipate the struggles that s coast winter enthusiasts have endured, under a +AO\+NAO\RNA regime.

Thank you, although I have been wrong with a couple terrible snowfall forecasts too to balance it out.

Here are some pics. At peak depth of 34" this morning. 32" was the previous peak on Feb 2. It seems like a lot more snow though, probably because while the depth on the level is similar, the piles are bigger. It is really an incredible scene and if we manage to get snow this weekend and next week it will become epic. Something like 32" in our supposedly disastorous February. The tree in the second pic is like 8 ft tall.

post-263-0-95697300-1298940710.jpg

post-263-0-41437300-1298940743.jpg

LOL...Ray, there was a general feeling of disaster in the thread, and indeed we went almost 3 weeks without appreciable snow. But we recovered in a big way! Dave, we succeeded in getting the snow off of the worst most vulnerable part of the roof. Actually the new snow anchored the ladder well. the only suffering was me at the bottom, holding the ladder and getting snow dumped on me.

Snow study=safe place to burn one.lol

Haha, so far the locals have not discovered this spot... no one knows how to get in here which is why we picked it. It would not surprise me to show up one day and interupt a smoke session.

I had just under 2" of sleet (sand-like snow) at this location yesterday... this was after I reset the snow board.

IMG_3522_edited-1.jpg

yes? Will has had 12-13", I've had 10", BOS has had 9-10", southern NH has had 15-20", Kevin has had abot 10-12". All after "winter was over."

You could argue that south CT/RI and the cape haven't much snow but that's climo at the end of Feb.

BOS and ORH are above normal for the month sf. lol.

you are arguing something completely different.

What I said was, "No more snowstorms for SNE until at least early March" and I even said "March 8-11 looks good for potential" That was two-almost three weeks ago I said that, not recently.

What I also said was " SW CT would not see a winter storm until next season, they are done"

Finally I said that NNE would do very well in this pattern compared to SNE.

All of those things have happened since Feb 10th.

Since 2/8, how much snow has ORH BOS KEV GAY had? Don't give the overall month total because it is irrelevant. The pattern went to crap 2nd week of Feb and you're taking snowfall from a different regime when SNE was still in the game, so to speak.

It's been a huge gradient for snowfall since, you know it and I know it. It's been all CNE and north since (including N parts of SNE that are more climo-orientated like CNE).

We have had 15.8" here in the past week. How much has BOS had, or TAN, HFD, even ORH?

Archived