• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

The depths could have been totally unprecedented if we'd gotten one of the storms this week. Everyone was very excited last week about record depths and breaking the 95-96 snowfall totals, but alas, we may have to wait another year Snowman.gif

I needed about another foot to match March 2001...which was 50" depth. This one peaked right at 38". Very unlikely to match or exceed Mar '01 unless we can somehow get a Miller B a week from now out of that ugly s/w...then have the torch fairly benign and then have some big storms in late Feb or early Mar.

Still, biggest depth since Mar '01 and 3rd highest since I've been in ORH (1988)...only other that topped this was Jan 1996. March 1993 got to about 32-33" depth. April '97 got over 30" depth, but that started from 0...impressive.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I needed about another foot to match March 2001...which was 50" depth. This one peaked right at 38". Very unlikely to match or exceed Mar '01 unless we can somehow get a Miller B a week from now out of that ugly s/w...then have the torch fairly benign and then have some big storms in late Feb or early Mar.

Still, biggest depth since Mar '01 and 3rd highest since I've been in ORH (1988)...only other that topped this was Jan 1996. March 1993 got to about 32-33" depth. April '97 got over 30" depth, but that started from 0...impressive.

You had 50" on the ground in March 01? That's insane!

Do you have any pictures, Will?

I think snow depth records for here are a little over 30"....47-48 and 60-61 had some pretty good depths...

You had 50" on the ground in March 01? That's insane!

Do you have any pictures, Will?

I think snow depth records for here are a little over 30"....47-48 and 60-61 had some pretty good depths...

Here was right after the big one in March 2001...but unfortunately its before the one right after it that dropped another 8" and then another dropped 8-9" after that...so its not the full effect, but its the only one I got...imagine another 15 on top of it...it looks a bit shy of my current pics, but it ended up adding a lot more.

2uthjcp.jpg

i think he just has a ****load of snow

obviously he takes care of his banks to the highest level......but what else is he supposed to do?

theres a lot of snow.

i used to pile it up high when i shoveled myself....im sure most people do.

i'm just wondering what else people do when shoveling a driveway? do they throw it farther away so it scatters but stays lower? that seems like more work with the throwing motion.

Archived