• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

The ice damming is an immediate problem for my gutters which are visibly strained under the weight of the ice.

Same here. While the gutter can handle full water weight, the ice just keeps piling on top of it, and makes it heavier. I'm f*cked no matter what.

Just went to the hardware store to pick up a snow rake. 50 will be available tomorrow, first come first served. I will be there at 8:00am knocking old ladies out of the way.

Also picked up this stuff. I am not sure it will do much, but the instructions make me laugh. Basically I'm supposed to stand on the ground, in 30 inches of snow, and throw these things on to the roof 20 feet up in the air, hoping they space themselves nicely at 1'-0" apart (the 1'-0 part is on the box).

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its not New England, but youre not the only guys with epic snow depth. Back home my parents still have over 2 feet on the ground. The fence in the pic is approximately 50" tall, and the ring-shaped thing is a 4 foot high ceramic chimenea

166425_1619490163517_1124297821_31529589_2035546_n.jpg

Same here. While the gutter can handle full water weight, the ice just keeps piling on top of it, and makes it heavier. I'm f*cked no matter what.

Just went to the hardware store to pick up a snow rake. 50 will be available tomorrow, first come first served. I will be there at 8:00am knocking old ladies out of the way.

Also picked up this stuff. I am not sure it will do much, but the instructions make me laugh. Basically I'm supposed to stand on the ground, in 30 inches of snow, and throw these things on to the roof 20 feet up in the air, hoping they space themselves nicely at 1'-0" apart (the 1'-0 part is on the box).

Can't you just unscrew your gutters and take them down for a while?

Which hardware store, Cindy went today none around and where can I get the roof melt bombs.

I would take you in, in a second, Northern Hospitality, you take me Hurricane Chasing this fall in the La Epic hurricane season upcoming.

hahah deal! I chased Earl to the Outer Banks this past year but that was a real teaser. I still would like my stadium effect shot ;). In all honesty in the context of winters down here I have done quite well thus far.

Here is one example!

Sweet but the first time in my life I can say this, looks better here.

40+" OTG, more higher up. Saw the pics of your shed roof, very nice. Road graders have been pushing the banks back with the wing-blades, gotta make room for the next round. Light snow through the day has kept everything freshly powdered. Awesome Winter AWT.

40+" OTG, more higher up. Saw the pics of your shed roof, very nice. Road graders have been pushing the banks back with the wing-blades, gotta make room for the next round. Light snow through the day has kept everything freshly powdered. Awesome Winter AWT.

awesome, how many days in a row has it snowed now?

awesome, how many days in a row has it snowed now?

I don't know actually. I've just been entering the amounts as they happen in my sig. It seems we get a trace or better everyday. It snowed lightly all day and it's snowing now.The cars are covered again. Everything else is white so I use them as a gauge. I like the next threat. CoT FTW. I'm happy all three of us are getting dumped on. Just the way we saw it back last Spring.

I don't know actually. I've just been entering the amounts as they happen in my sig. It seems we get a trace or better everyday. It snowed lightly all day and it's snowing now.The cars are covered again. Everything else is white so I use them as a gauge. I like the next threat. CoT FTW. I'm happy all three of us are getting dumped on. Just the way we saw it back last Spring.

When Jerry hopped on board I knew it was a lock. All summer I saw the signs, flooding Spring, hot summer, tons of nut production, hornets nests high up, all added to the solar stuff, the persistent NAO, the recurving Trops. As soon as the rivers reached bankfull in Mid December all hell has broken loose. AWFT as we fookin thought . Double shots Wed, lock that up for you, maybe an ice issue here but not unusual in the great winters to have a silver thaw before Big Poppa comes back Mid Feb with the full moon. March is going to be your best Month JMHO

Here's a couple from Stafford Springs, CT. "Officially" I have 33" on the ground. One is my garage roof, another is my driveway (with a nearly 6' truck parked and ready to go) and the last is my road. The town widened it a bit and they've started to come through with the large snow blowers. If you look at the road picture you can see a small wooded post. The edge of that is right on the normal edge of the road.

40+" OTG, more higher up.

Lets see some pics that are from outside your truck! Over 40" on the ground is very, very impressive... you need a wide open area with a measuring stake to prove it :P

Or lets see some pics from the "more than 40+ higher up"... what's that 50" or more? !!! Dude for any spot under 1,500ft to have over 40" on the ground is very impressive... you need to document some proof of this. I'd be snapping shot after shot if there was 40+ on the ground outside of the higher elevations (ie. less than 1,500ft).

Lets see some pics that are from outside your truck! Over 40" on the ground is very, very impressive... you need a wide open area with a measuring stake to prove it :P

Or lets see some pics from the "more than 40+ higher up"... what's that 50" or more? !!! Dude for any spot under 1,500ft to have over 40" on the ground is very impressive... you need to document some proof of this. I'd be snapping shot after shot if there was 40+ on the ground outside of the higher elevations (ie. less than 1,500ft).

LOl, ok Scott, I'll try to grab some pics for you. It is impressive but not without precedent. Here's a couple from a few years back. March '08 I think, 48" ski pole. Also, Ginx has just about 40" on the ground at a far lower elevation in Conn.

Archived