• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Epic Snow Depth Pictures

weatherMA

I know Dave,.. Whats up with that? She should know better.. lol... wtf? She would have a fit if she knew i posted that on the baord, but no harm done. JMHO.

How has your snowdepth been? I was wondering if you made out better on the Snow following the GTG with your latitude.

Max depth I measured (average) was 29"... probably around 22-24" attm. nothing crazy, but it is enough that my kids and dog stay off my front lawn. Too deep for them. The back yard has all the sled runs, etc.

That video was cute.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't get much sun there this time of year... amazing that it stacked up so nicely on top like that..I love the layered look from the diff snowstorms

Your area will be an interesting test. When all is said and done, I still think you'll have a decent bit left, away from the sun torched areas.

Your area will be an interesting test. When all is said and done, I still think you'll have a decent bit left, away from the sun torched areas.

I would love to keep 12+ OTG. My yard is very shaded..only in the front during the mid afternoon does it get some decent sun..though that increases as we get into March. With all the woods here..it's failry protected. But not falling below freezing is gonna be the killer. This means I'll lose over 20 inches of snow :(

I would love to keep 12+ OTG. My yard is very shaded..only in the front during the mid afternoon does it get some decent sun..though that increases as we get into March. With all the woods here..it's failry protected. But not falling below freezing is gonna be the killer. This means I'll lose over 20 inches of snow :(

It may not be as bad as you think, in your front yard. If it's protected and doesn't get much sun, it may stay surprisingly in tact. This is really hard snowpack..you almost need a good rain to really melt it. Even if night time lows are near 40..that snow will have a tough time melting I think.

The sunny areas will be bad for sure, but your yard may be ok.

well just be thankful you wont be seeing much rain or all of it would have been gone.

i wonder if fog will be an issue.

i know your pain Blizz.....a recent as jan 2008 for me.....there is no worse weather pain than the pain of losing a big, hard earned snowpack.

its a terrible feeling. the only remedy is snowfall shortly after, the sooner the better.

I was in Biddeford Maine today and it made me appreciate the snow pack here even more. Theres probably 15-20" OTG there, compared to 24-28" here. The only place on the trip from here to Maine that had less then 15" was the median strip on the highway with maybe a foot or so. That area is sun torched all day so thats impressive.

I'll go out and take pics in a few days before the torch, because there's a few places I always drive by that I want to take pics of. But for now, this was the afternoon of the foot and a half of snow on January 12. IMG_1207.jpg

yuck

why would you post those pics?

thats not even epic amounts of snow.

thats just regualr snow lol.

Because I had 'em :) It was a mess, but away from the melting city streets there did still seem to have been a lot; I suspect they've had a lot more snow this winter than they normally see.

Here's whats left IMBY this afternoon. Only the old layered icy quality of the snowpack (given my location) remains as epic:

http://www.americanw...post__p__471952

I just checked the MSP climo. Through yesterday, the twin cities have had 61" of snowfall compared to a normal to date of 38". This winter has been generous across a wide range longitudinally (apologies to the MA).

yeah theyve had a good snow season out there this yr relative to their climo, but from what i have heard in passing in the central forum, i think they were due

Archived