joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lost power for a little while, I really hope that doesn't happen again. Went for a walk, its really crazy out. Its like a downpour of snow. Because of the wind combined with the wet snow its so thick on the ground you can almost walk on it without sinking in at all. Kinda neat but it means its killing our ratios. Shame, 5 degrees colder and this would be a 20" dump in like 6 hours. Still cant complain about this at all.

About 7" here and it was just around 2" when I got home around 4:30! Still 32.2 degrees and even the top snow level is very, very wet -- I am going to take a rake out in a bit and use it to shake our Leland cypress trees to get some of the mashed potato snow off of them or they are going to get damaged.

I'm excited to try out my new snowblower in a while, but I wonder if it gets clogged in this dense wet snow.

7 inches in Damascus, northern montgomery county.

4.5 inches in the last 2 hours.

Hello MJB, I'm in Damascus ad well. I was guesstimating about the same using the eyeball method. The snow rates have rivaled all of the last year's big snows. Incredible.

Lights flickering more in Arlington, staying 'flicked off' for longer times. VADOM reporting outages already widespread. Heavy snow sagging trees on the street. And that 2.5 per hour band about to hit us........God save the Queen.

better go get more diapers - for you (jeez I hope this is Keith)

how much ya got Ian?

not sure havent been out in like an hour. got soaked wandering around downtown so been drying off/warming up. i'll wander out soon tho i really hate wet snow for documentation purposes -- and it seems i ruined my iphone by dropping it in slush.

Jebwalk is impossible.. tried to do it.. rates were too bad and the whole neighborhood's lights were flickering..

IE if we lost power while I was walking... Id be screwed, it would be pitch black and I wouldnt be able to see anything. At any rate, I got out pretty far saw the whole neighborhood lights flicker and so I went back as fast as I could and took a couple pics right outside of the house I will post them in the picture thread..

So far I have 6'' and the temp is 31

Archived