• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

Jebwalk is impossible.. tried to do it.. rates were too bad and the whole neighborhood's lights were flickering..

IE if we lost power while I was walking... Id be screwed, it would be pitch black and I wouldnt be able to see anything. At any rate, I got out pretty far saw the whole neighborhood lights flicker and so I went back as fast as I could and took a couple pics right outside of the house I will post them in the picture thread..

So far I have 6'' and the temp is 31

Let us know when the tornado comes through

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This storm is a thing of pure beauty. It IS pivoting AND backbuilding to the SW. Plenty of ULL energy left in this sweet puppy.

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

Snow continues pouring like a mofo. Plow came by. Street got more snow on it. Plow came by. Street piled up more snow. Plow came by. More snow piled up on my street. God I am in pure unadulterated Heaven with this. Plow came down the street. More snow piled up with these CRAZY snow rates. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum. I am blasting 1970s and 1980s songs nonstop. I am so beside myslef with joy I am nearly in tears.

thumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gifthumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Just passed 6" a while ago here in Clarksburg on top of the 2.2" from the morning. The deformation zone that swung through was a thing of beauty. 2" in less than han hour. 14mph winds from the NNW with a gust to 32mph in the last hour. Snow has dried out considerably so it's drifting easily now.

Edited to add, not a single clap of thunder or flash of lightening.

It never ceases to amaze me how you can pile up 2-4" of snow on these tiny little twigs on some trees and not have it fall off...even in the wind!

Or the way it sticks to the N/W facing sides of power poles and mail boxes. I drive into work to the east and everything is covered in snow. I drove home to the west and its not. It trips me out.

Archived