• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

Amazing snow rates. definately rivaling last years.. I went for like an hour jebwalk earlier today and around an inch and a half accumulated from the time I left to the time I came back

last I measured (around 600) I had around 4 inches.. now I have 5'' on the dot... Thats an inch in 50 minutes!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a decent amount here in just the hour that it has been snowing. I haven't had a chance to go out and measure but I'd eyeball guess about 3" so far.

On a side note, I live a block away (and on the same street) as the fire station and I have seriously seen a plow go down my street 7 times in the last 90 minutes.

How do these conditions not warrant Blizzard warnings? Its like FEB10 of last year, no joke....just wetter snow.

There are light winds. For Blizzard warning you need 40mph gusts. No obs stations are even close. Just a nice heavy snow with lightning and thunder. Enjoy from NH where we are missing this one.

lights just flickered for the 3rd time in 15 min. not good, walking around ft myer heights, the power lines are all exposed and covered in heavy wet snow. might be a cold night here in arlington

Mine as well 4 flickers in the last 20 minutes and BGE here is usually excellent, i even have underground wiring.

Just had thunder snow here in Hanover, PA. Temp of 31 with heavy snow. Hard to tell with the wind blowing but looks like around 5 inches for the day so far. Last two hours have been heavy snow but the ratios were probably at 6 to 1 or so. Everything is plastered. Ratios look like they are picking up now so am hoping for at least another 2 or 3 inches before it shuts off.

easy with the monotone! Haha, nice job though, it's fantastic that we're putting out video updates now.

yeah i come from a monotone world.. come to an event at brookings some time. it is cool. everyone loves us there. :wub:

Archived