• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

Problem is that this thing is bookin it. Moving to fast. Unless you think we get some backbuilding?

I think there will be some degree of backbuilding, not as much as 12/19/09 or 2/5-6/10 of course, but this ULL is looking very wound up and the CCB may be a little slower to move out. With these 1-2"/hr snowfall rates, even if it stops at 10 pm (4 hours from now), most will get 8-12"

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't want to clutter an obs thread, but just dropping in to say enjoy it guys. Figures when I was home in HoCo for a month we got screwed repeatedly, but as soon as I go back to Poughkeepsie (which got crushed repeatedly during that time) for college, we will barely manage maybe .25" of QPF and DC/Baltimore gets 2"/hr rates. arrowheadsmiley.png If only this happened on a weekend, I'd be there in a heartbeat...

But since it's my home getting crushed -- enjoy and post pics in the picture thread, please. Snowman.gif guitar.gif

Just went for a beautiful walk in Mclean. Very windy and swirling snow. But I can tell you, I have never seen so much traffic stuck on the secondary roads trying to get on 123. And ultimately I suppose to get on the beltway, toll road, Rt 7. etc. Just crazy. People honking, stuck, cursing at each other. Sirens in every direction. Very surreal when you consider the loud goings on with the serenity of the snow.

Don't want to clutter an obs thread, but just dropping in to say enjoy it guys. Figures when I was home in HoCo for a month we got screwed repeatedly, but as soon as I go back to Poughkeepsie (which got crushed repeatedly during that time) for college, we will barely manage maybe .25" of QPF and DC/Baltimore gets 2"/hr rates. arrowheadsmiley.png If only this happened on a weekend, I'd be there in a heartbeat...

But since it's my home getting crushed -- enjoy and post pics in the picture thread, please. Snowman.gif guitar.gif

I didn't know that you graduated and we're there in school. Awesome! Looks like another snow day tomorrow for hoco.

I got off the work at 3:30 on the hill and came home and I395 the South East / South West Freeway was jammed both direction as well as South Capitol. Three hours later same thing, only now snow plows and fire trucks are trying to navigate the traffic with no luck.

Will those strong bands in Loudon County make it into the district?

Stunning yet beautiful mess in DC. This one will certainly be remembered by those trying to get home. Major, major streets like Connecticut completely impassable with trips of more than 2 hours just from Downtown to places like Cleveland Park

Archived