• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

A hair over 3 1/4 inches on my patio table and deck railing in central Prince William County. Just got home from work... the drive was very scary and very slow. It was snowing so hard I could hardly see at all, and had a hard time keeping track of where I was on 234. It would be so easy to get lost in this kind of snow storm at night. I was supposed to work until 7:00, but I decided to leave at 4:15. Everyone else is still there as far as I know. I'm very annoyed at my company for not closing and sending everyone home by now.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

City of Manassas measurement at 2 7/8" (should have waited another 15 minutes) and temp still at 32 and dp also still at 32 (rh at 97%) and barometer now ever so slowly rising at 29.59. Wind is now calm with an occasional bump but unlike earlier. Snow is wet and the magnolia may not survive this year. Last year took off several branches on one side and this year the other side is trying to balance off against the other. Lilac bush (tree) is in similar shape. Aside from the trees that are unfit for this wx, it is beautiful in the last minutes of light.

It may look like it's ending soon for some, but that's not supposed to happen. It's supposed to intensify off the coast. But the only thing is this is a fast mover.

Can't help but think about last year when the lows just sat there and dumped on us.

Still really happy with this thumping, though.

I am starting to think this won't be quite as much snow as we expected.

been thinking the same. temp still 33F here, can't be good for ratios. radar seems to look like it's moving faster than we thought too. this coming from a guy who has no idea what he's talking about. :-p just enjoying what we're getting.

Can't help but notice the storm is really trucking off to the NE

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

It was supposed to be a rapid mover. Short but SHWEET,

I am thankful as heck for the snow that I already have - well over 2 inches.

This sure beats those coating to half inch heartbreakers that have ruled this entire winter!

Two to three inches of snow in a storm is climo for Dale City. I'm thankful :)

been thinking the same. temp still 33F here, can't be good for ratios. radar seems to look like it's moving faster than we thought too. this coming from a guy who has no idea what he's talking about. :-p just enjoying what we're getting.

It is a fast mover, but if you draw a 'V' going north from Baltimore to York and northeast from Baltimore to Wilmington, that's your honey hole tonight. Assuming radar doesn't fall apart, I think those areas will be in the moderate to heavy snow until 11sh. 5 more hours of this and I think you'll see 5 to 10 inches verify.

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

This sure beats those coating to half inch heartbreakers that have ruled this entire winter!

Yeah,

These things always surprise me though sometimes the way they pivot and hang on.

http://radar.weather...s/full_loop.php

It'll fill in a little bit more Jeb and pivot. You'll get more than 3 inches.

Archived