joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 26-27 storm obs/nowcasting/etc

Ian

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Started snowing around 5:15 to 5:30 here in calvert. Have moderate snow but it looks like the stronger echoes are to the northwest. Hoping some of them translate eastward. Still I'm happy. My brother in law in Bethesda lost his power. I'd rather less snow and to keep mine.

Good luck, Wes! And to your brother-in-law, too.

We just had a third flicker. Yikes...

Stunning yet beautiful mess in DC. This one will certainly be remembered by those trying to get home. Major, major streets like Connecticut completely impassable with trips of more than 2 hours just from Downtown to places like Cleveland Park

My sister is trying to get home to Dale City from Springfield and she is on her 3rd hour driving. Says there are accidents everywhere and tractor trailers sliding off the roads. She's on the PW Parkway now and barely moving. Her husband had to turn around and go back to work in Loudoun county because it was so bad there and he'll be sleeping at work.

My sisters kids are at my parents house and my sister and them are just going to stay at my parents cause she's afraid to take the kids home in the car. Crazy things going on back east. Geeze.

Archived