Toothache
Dec 9-10 threat

stormtracker

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okay..ill look at the gfs

not advisable.

i mean look at the nam.. whatever. i know it gets mentioned but also pretty sure it wasn't developed to be accurate with a coastal low at 60-84 hours.. or 36-84 hours for that matter.  it hugging the coast is pretty CRAS'esque. the high res models with just a US domain do some silly stuff the longer they run. you'd think eventually we could evolve.

The overall theme in the Mid Atlantic forum is to post threads for Severe Weather, Tropical Systems, and at least Decent Wintry events. I don't see the reason for this thread to be open, and I wouldn't expect a trend toward snow either. This storm also isn't all that impressive in the rainfall category, this might just be a quick hitting, half inch of rain.^^But I don't mind if this thread stays open, just sharing my opinion^^

This isn't all rain for everyone just yet. I don't see a problem with the thread.

It's an interesting storm. Stalled occluded coastals behave unpredictably. I could see some snow falling nearby. It's not an impact threat even if it does but it could pack a little surprise for someone. N MD being favored of course.

This isn't all rain for everyone just yet. I don't see a problem with the thread.

Thanks.

Good Grief, so what if it's just rain...what else have we got to do/track?  It's weather.  We're on a weather board.  This thread won't cause anybody to miss a snowstorm.   And it's not yet rain for everybody yet.

If you don't like it, don't read/open it.

ECMWF shows a 50-hour event (ok, 17 consecutive 3-hour periods with at least 0.01" at BWI).  After 15 hours of moderate/light rain (~0.75") and low 40s temperatures, it looks like 18 hours of intermittent drizzle followed by 9 hours of  "we'll have to wait and see" (~0.2" of precip), ending with drizzle.   Joy. 

Archived