dmillz25

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

0.22 inches of rain for the event.

Sun it out.

Epic forecast bust in my area.

I am stunned.

Huge bust here as well, 0.25".  Heavier looks like it happened in two bands, one west of here and another SE of here.  Sun poking through and lots of people cancelled events for today based on forecast for 1-2" of rain for this area. Wonder if we see any more measurable with this event?

Huge bust here as well, 0.25". Heavier looks like it happened in two bands, one west of here and another SE of here. Sun poking through and lots of people cancelled events for today based on forecast for 1-2" of rain for this area. Wonder if we see any more measurable with this event?

Yep the screw zone ended up being further west then most of the models had it placed

Huge bust here as well, 0.25". Heavier looks like it happened in two bands, one west of here and another SE of here. Sun poking through and lots of people cancelled events for today based on forecast for 1-2" of rain for this area. Wonder if we see any more measurable with this event?

Most of the models had the rain mostly over by noon but forecasts didn't accurately reflect that. They were also clueless as to where the heavy rain would set up. Oh well at least many of us saw beneficial rain

Most of the models had the rain mostly over by noon but forecasts didn't accurately reflect that. They were also clueless as to where the heavy rain would set up. Oh well at least many of us saw beneficial rain

Forecasts were embarrassing and so were models. Rain was done here by 630am. Overnight rain should be no big deal but not today

Parkway was bumper to bumper last night going north, guess people thought today was a wash.

I know there were quite a few Euro runs that showed an all day long washout. There were many other models that showed the rain ending earlier. Seems like many people rely too heavily on the Euro when making forecasts. For a long time there were signs that the rain would be mainly during the morning today with the afternoon being much better, and no need to cancel cookouts. Too bad so many forecasters ignored those models and called for a washout today. 

I know there were quite a few Euro runs that showed an all day long washout. There were many other models that showed the rain ending earlier. Seems like many people rely too heavily on the Euro when making forecasts. For a long time there were signs that the rain would be mainly during the morning today with the afternoon being much better, and no need to cancel cookouts. Too bad so many forecasters ignored those models and called for a washout today.

Even the forecasts for an earler end to the rain werent this early. It was basically done by 7am. Unless someone was out overnight or were awaken by a heavy downpours, they didnt see much rain at all.

Forecasts always came across as low confidence, but the general public usually doesnt make attention those small details.

On anothet note..man is it humid.

Even the forecasts for an earler end to the rain werent this early. It was basically done by 7am. Unless someone was out overnight or were awaken by a heavy downpours, they didnt see much rain at all.

Forecasts always came across as low confidence, but the general public usually doesnt make attention those small details.

On anothet note..man is it humid.

Yeah I'm glad I got all my outdoor activities out of the way yesterday. I'm fine with staying inside in the AC today

The last several runs of the Euro had the the main batch of rain over by 7-8 am with

scattered convection chances after. It also has been showing 1-2 inch potential for

days now. But warm season JP's usually shift around from run to run within about

50-75 miles of NYC.

2 inches here give or take.  Tremendous rains over night.   Ended around 8am.   Town canceled the parade which was set for 10am and got a lot of grief for it (it was dry by 10am)

Looks like the tropical connection helped OKX set a new PWAT record for 5/30.

Archived