• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

Personally I'm hoping for the hottest summer on record with a torrid July and August. I don't need none of that +1 stuff, let us burn.

I'll have my summer outlook posted sometime next week, but my first glance at the data suggests you'll be disappointed with that hope.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have my summer outlook posted sometime next week, but my first glance at the data suggests you'll be disappointed with that hope.

Tom - looking fwd to your outlook, as always.  What analogs have you leaning cool?  I think we'll warm compared to last year, but agree no prolonged heat at this time.  But im leaning at or above normal overall.

old guys like me remember May 25th, 1967 when the high for the day was 46 or 1963 with a low of 39 on the 24th...1961 had a max of 47 on the 27th with light rain...LGA reported ice pellets on the 27th, 1961...

Unc.,

May of 1963 I remember a cold nasty rain. I was in an Intermediate Algebra class in Brooklyns Fort hamilton High School. The class stopped when big flake snow started mixing in (albiet briefly) with the rain. I know it was May, just not sure of the date.

Rich.

The ensembles agree that June will start out with warmer than normal temperatures here 

and cooler down around Texas like we have been seeing. It's been an interesting year

for temperature contrasts. Once the historic winter cold pattern broke in March, it has been 

steady above normal temps.

attachicon.gifecmwf-ens_T850a_us_11.png

attachicon.giftn72503_1yr.gif

one has to wonder if the 2 year streak of mainly below normal temps has ended.  Too soon to tell, but wow, it's really gone to an above normal pattern last 8 weeks...and dry too.

Unc.,

May of 1963 I remember a cold nasty rain. I was in an Intermediate Algebra class in Brooklyns Fort hamilton High School. The class stopped when big flake snow started mixing in (albiet briefly) with the rain. I know it was May, just not sure of the date.

Rich.

I was in the eight grade during May 1963...i went to McKinley Junior High on Ft. Hamilton Pkwy...what I remember from that May was Mickey Mantles home run that almost left Yankee Stadium on May 22nd...No snow was recorded in May 1963 in Central Park but south of us had snow in the early morning hours on the 1st...DCA recorded a trace...I saw snow mix in with rain in May 1967...May 27th 1961 had sleet mix in at LGA air port...This is my records for May 63 in Central Park...it could have been May 11th or another year?...

post-343-0-43969200-1432390179_thumb.gif

I doubt it's that unusual for them. They've probably seen snow in June.

Per Plfdwxdude...

"The snow this morning is the second latest measurable snow on record in Caribou, Maine. The latest measurable snowfall in Caribou is 0.2 inches on May 25, 1974."

Looks like the models like GFS and CMC show a lot of rain fall starting this upcoming week into Beginning of June. I'd be worried if I were around north of Dallas and just south of Oklahoma City as this could be very bad flooding as the rain may continue to pummel them as the images below depicts. It looks like our area could get some much needed heavy rain. bb7b352b53d958997ea607e6113a566c.jpge7809f86c6804ab1707e079395293ef9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived