Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
May 2015 Discussion & Observations

dmillz25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we might get lucky and receive some much needed steady rains on Thursday, especially from Rt. 80 south.

Robust RH fields in place, just need to keep nudging this northwest

Should keep tomorrow cooler as well...original forecasts were for near 70F, but now I'm expecting low to mid 60s with the developing coastal and widespread cloud cover.

NWS has a low of 45F tonight in Dobbs Ferry, going to feel great. They also have a low of 47F for Saturday morning, although I feel that cold snap is going to be a bit chillier with lows reaching the 42-44F range for most of the immediate suburbs. 850s are well below 0C early Saturday morning. 

Would be nice if tomorrow the rain got further north.

i don't get why people want rain during spring. It's dry and we had some rain Saturday. We'll get much needed rain next week believe me. This time of the year were supposed to have this type of weather 60-75 and dry. We'll have plenty of convection chances once the real heat comes in. It'd be funny if we end up not really having a brutal summer due to all these volcanoes eruptions! Anyway I think July will be hot humid and very rainy! Enjoy this weather while it lasts! No need for Ac that's for sure.

i don't get why people want rain during spring. It's dry and we had some rain Saturday. We'll get much needed rain next week believe me. This time of the year were supposed to have this type of weather 60-75 and dry. We'll have plenty of convection chances once the real heat comes in. It'd be funny if we end up not really having a brutal summer due to all these volcanoes eruptions! Anyway I think July will be hot humid and very rainy! Enjoy this weather while it lasts! No need for Ac that's for sure.

I don't get why some people criticize those who want rain during spring.  

If you hate the heat and rain cools us down then....nevermind.

i just like winter spring and fall. But mostly winter you know this dude! Anyway I hope that high pressure really flexes its muscles tomorrow and dries up any potential precipitation heading north. My fiancé and I are getting married on July 11th and I hope we don't get rain that day as I'm frightened we may get heavy convection that day with my luck. Tomorrow it'll be too dry to really rain in my opinion. We may get good rains south of Staten Island but Central Park should only get showers that don't really accumulate therefore a trace is possible but more like sprinkles! High flex please!

Sent from my iPhone

We're probably gonna die agonizing deaths.

If this was late Summer things would be a lot different. We're at moderate drought in spots heading into the driest part of the year. That is the problem. Unless you get some type of cut off low, fluke tropical system or stalled front, organized precip is scarce for the next three months.

As far as average precip totals by season...34 year averages for my station are as follows...Winter 10.23",Spring 12.56", Summer 13.82" and Fall 11.58"...so summers do average slightly wetter at this station.

two events stand out in my mind when I lived near Travis...the Sept. 1998 blown when Mid island little league fields night lights all fell over...The 2003 mini tornado and hail event post Summer I think?...cars in a used car lot near Travis ave had hail damage...

two events stand out in my mind when I lived near Travis...the Sept. 1998 blown when Mid island little league fields night lights all fell over...The 2003 mini tornado and hail event post Summer I think?...cars in a used car lot near Travis ave had hail damage...

Yeah the labor day derecho of 1998 stands out for many of us...the 2nd event you listed may have been on sept 23rd...I noted in my obs of a couple of nearby tornados but really don't remember it.

Archived