joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Discussion..Mild overall..and really not wild

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More will redevelop near dawn tomorrow. This first batch wasn't progged to be much.

unless Tuesday begins at dawn this has been my forecast from multiple outlets, maybe a bust

Tonight: Rain likely. Up to 1 inch of rain expected. Wind south 10-20 mph. Low in the mid-40s.

Tuesday: A few AM showers, then clouds and sun. Breezy and mild. High 60-65. SW breeze.

we know who the oddball is

There is not anything to enjoy about heat and humidity. Really easy to say you enjoy it in your office, ac'ed car, ac'ed house. When you work landscaping all summer and actually experience the climate you like dry heat. Otherwise, your either crazy or work in ac. There is nothing in between.

To echo similar sentiment earlier..... I am all set with 90 degrees and dew points around 70. Yes it happens, but it is not normal for extended periods of time, meaning North Carolina etc.. Honestly, summers in Northern Vermont are absolutely perfect to me. There is nothing enjoyable about the outdoors when you cannot enjoy it due to heat stroke etc. Southern New England is about as far South as I like my summers  :) . Interested to see how early next week unfolds with the warmth and thereafter...Back to the present 42/42 0.06 rain so far. Very light at the moment with a light S wind around 5mph. 

Yeah nice mild AN day with increasing clouds. Not bad at all for early April. Tomorrow should be a beaut and the ticklers will touch 70. Dsd warning tomorrow.

not much of a beaut out there right now, pouring rain here in arlington. just lovely.

It's not supposed to be hot and humid here in the summer. It is supposed to be hot and humid in Orlando during the summer. We have stretches of periods where we get heat and humidity, but our averages do not support your opinion.

Huh?  Even Boston has it's share of 90 degree days that are humid.

Huh?  Even Boston has it's share of 90 degree days that are humid.

And when they are, its generally the exception and not the rule. BOS averages 10 90F days per year...and you can be sure that all of them are not humid. So their averages indicate just a handful of days that are >=90F and humid.

They average far more days in the 70s than hitting 90F...and the most common temp in the middle 2 months of summer is in the 80s. Based on standards set by just about everywhere to the southwest and westward through the midwest/plains, Boston does not have a hot/humid summer climate.

And when they are, its generally the exception and not the rule. BOS averages 10 90F days per year...and you can be sure that all of them are not humid. So their averages indicate just a handful of days that are >=90F and humid.

They average far more days in the 70s than hitting 90F...and the most common temp in the middle 2 months of summer is in the 80s. Based on standards set by just about everywhere to the southwest and westward through the midwest/plains, Boston does not have a hot/humid summer climate.

Thanks, I'm mobile and was going to find that 90 degree stat when I got to work. It's definitely not a hot and humid climate.

0.42" thru 7 AM.  Morning AFD from GYX had 1/2-3/4 qpf, and I think that's where my final total will land, prob. 0.6-0.7".  Sandy River was up about one foot this morning, from yesterday's 50s, and this event should kick it up another couple, probably enough to clear the ice from its lower portions.  However, temps were mid-upper 30s at home, so not all that much snowmelt in the mix, so far.

Boston has a continental climate with some maritime influence, and using the −3 °C (27 °F) coldest month (January) isotherm, the city lies within the transition zone from a humid subtropical climate (Köppen Cfa) to a humid continental climate (Köppen Dfa).

see even Wikipedia says we live in a humid climate....:)

Archived