• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO part III

DomNH

Scooter what caused the warming in SE CT yet the areas in Eastern mass that typically warm haven't as of yet?

28.1 with freezing rain nice coating of ice on everything..including the windows of the house lol

WAA aloft is much stronger over CT than it is across SE MA so mixing might be a bit better. sfc winds more out of the east as well while up in eastern MA winds are kind of locked more from the NE...except the Cape where it's more east.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High pressure ridging is keeping eastern areas cold. Nice ageostrophic drainage going on in those areas, but they often times see this. The primary push of warmer air is too the sw both at the surface and aloft. It's still much colder over eastern areas just above the surface, but that will change.

And then places like IJD that are above freezing should drop back later as the low passes while eastern areas stay mild overnite I guess.

Drop back below freezing?

Late tonight. If that coastal front does not push far enough west, and winds back to nnw tonight..it could drag an area of very shallow cold air to the coast again. It's just something I have in the back of my mind..and will depend on how good ne mass does with fighting off the CF.

Some 50 dbz echoes around PVD racing north - still snow imby but it seems a change to sleet is likely within the next 30 min- 1hr

the encouraging thing is the buildup of an area of heavy snow just east of the dryslot around springfield mass. that seems to be bulging nw and the echoes are now moving north. you and I might be in a sweet spot if we hold off mixing. heavy rates help cool the column i hope

edit: was supposed to be responding to Dom's post...sorry

the encouraging thing is the buildup of an area of heavy snow just east of the dryslot around springfield mass. that seems to be bulging nw and the echoes are now moving north. you and I might be in a sweet spot if we hold off mixing. heavy rates help cool the column i hope

edit: was supposed to be responding to Dom's post...sorry

Yeah, some buildup NW of ORH helping me out too. Mixing seems like it's going to take a while.

Archived