Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO part III

DomNH

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL..plenty of precip coming..icing here

not sure I agree, I think that precip coming in from the south will ice things up nicely. What's your temp...23 24?

Look at the position of the sfc low...the low is also scooting off to the north and east, the majority of the bands and heaviest precip will miss CT...we will still see periods of sleet/freezing rain but for the most part we will see nothing of significance here in CT. RI/E MA still in game for more snow and possible ice accumulations but for us here in CT...write the check.

LOL enjoy the light ZR.

sometimes that's the worst for icing. My experience with ice storms is that they've been the worst when there's almost a mist in the air rather than an actual heavy rain with below freezing sfc temps. The light rain sticks way better and freezes INSTANTLY to everything it touches. I think when we had a really bad ice storm maybe 9 years ago now in November it was a lighter rain all night.

I really still only see a maximum of .25" of ice out of this though

look at uptons radar everything is filling in perfectly! You dont want the rain to heavy because itll just run off

Look at the position of the sfc low...the low is also scooting off to the north and east, the majority of the bands and heaviest precip will miss CT...we will still see periods of sleet/freezing rain but for the most part we will see nothing of significance here in CT. RI/E MA still in game for more snow and possible ice accumulations but for us here in CT...write the check.

sometimes that's the worst for icing. My experience with ice storms is that they've been the worst when there's almost a mist in the air rather than an actual heavy rain with below freezing sfc temps. The light rain sticks way better and freezes INSTANTLY to everything it touches. I think when we had a really bad ice storm maybe 9 years ago now in November it was a lighter rain all night.

I believe that is the mysterious phenomenom called freezing drizzle.

look at uptons radar everything is filling in perfectly! You dont want the rain to heavy because itll just run off

Oh I don't doubt were not going to see freezing rain on and off throughout the day, I just don't think it will be enough to cause any issues at, all...I don't think we see more than 1/8'' of ice accretion over a widespread area...maybe isolated pockets of some higher accretion totals but for the most part we will be spared from what could have been a bit more in the way of damaging and hazardous.

12/08 was really heavy rain at 29- 31.9999999F most bizzare creature. Some dude name Will can tell more about it.

But I've also seen plenty of icing when it is mist/light and cold.

It's not a mist, it's mostly light to occasionally moderate rain. Obviously it'll be very slick on any pavement, sure, but this won't be a nightmare. I wouldn't want to drive in it but it does not look like there will be mass tree damage or power outages.

Yeah, some buildup NW of ORH helping me out too. Mixing seems like it's going to take a while.

I've dropped from prbably 1.5/hour down to about 1/hour but still snowing great. bright yellow echo just pooped to my west almost right over me and some good echoes seeming to develop just to my south as the snow moves north.

Congrats on the icing, let's hope for balls deep zr accretion by nightfall. have fun with that.

Wondering why you have such a fetish for zr? To each their own, but man... I think I enjoy Blizz's torch more than zr.

I guess it looks cool when everything is coated but it really effs things up, crystal palace and all...

Wondering why you have such a fetish for zr? To each their own, but man... I think I enjoy Blizz's torch more than zr.

I guess it looks cool when everything is coated but it really effs things up, crystal palace and all...

that was a bad joke, sorry. lol I'll go back to lurking, nothing really surprising to talk about with this storm anyway.

Archived