• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

thanks...does it look like significant ice verbatim for the interior or here?

Well my guess would be more the higher terrain of orh county and the berks..up through sw nh, has the best shot of any siggy icing, but Blackstone would probably be far enough inland for a little ice anyways. I'm sure we'll see things change over the next few runs, but hopefully we can get the coastal to take over sooner.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's starting to look good for central ne.

Yes. Been out all morning running errands thinking I see only a few renegade flakes but the radar that Ginx tossed up looks damned good for decent accumulating snow. Mid-week looks pretty nice as well, though I'm not in the camp that wants ice. No thanks, at least not for accrual of over half-inch.

Leaving Tuesday at 5pm for ORD, all day in Chicago,then Wed night to Omaha, All morning in Omaha Thursday then back home through Chicago landing around 10pm. Nothing direct from Omaha. If my flight out Tues was canceled I wouldn't be terribly upset.

LOL...I may see you in the terminal Thurs night. I arrive from TPA around 9:20 or so. Actually, my strategy is to walk off the plane directly to a cab and in my house before 10. It could happen. Then on the computer posting something about the next system....walk the dog...then bed. Wake the next day and feel it big time mid day.

Wow UKMET says my flight round 14Z is delayed Tuesday morning for sure. Moderate snow falling by 12Z. I wouldn't mind. A cancellation would be just about perfect as I'd probably have to do what I need to do Wednesday remotely.

Is that GMT time? My wife is flying out of Manchester, NH at 7am Tuesday morning. Is she is jeopardy of not getting out? Thanks!

I can't afford (literaly) a large rain event with all of the snow on my 230 year old roof. This kind of pattern plays havoc on my old-as-time house. What's worse are the frozen gutters that will aid in the expansion of the siding, ultimately allowing water to filter in. Sounds confusing, but bottom line, please tell me that this wil NOT be a lengthy rain event for my area.

It's a tough call yet again... gee wiz.

In any event, I'm impressed with the rad presentation along the Mohawk Trail upstream this afternoon. This kind of 30DBZ fuzz in 25/10 type air mass is high ratio low visibility stuff. I don't perceive this as a "dry up" scenario because it is not based on either CAA, or s-base instability, but has got mlv dynamical support. I think 1-spot 3" totals should sweep through the area.

The storm mid week is puzzling. The 12z GFS has all snow at FIT per point-click MOS product at Weathertap, and the synoptics are not impossible, yet the warm solutions forcibly entered on the 12z guidance.

I still see colder solutions as favored despite these runs, but may capitulate if things appear different on over the weekend.

Part of the reason why is because the west to east component of the flow is where most of this amplitude is stored... The north south is relatively shallow. In other words, we don't necessarily need the more typical Dekotas longitude ridge axis; particularly also when the flow is highly compressible over FL - that ain't hurting anything. Also, the PNA is rising, so the correction vector is pointed toward more western heights out in time, probably somewhat E as well. ...how much remains to be seen, but envision a model byproduct that shades the top of the ridge axis polarward.

It's a tough call yet again... gee wiz.

In any event, I'm impressed with the rad presentation along the Mohawk Trail upstream this afternoon. This kind of 30DBZ fuzz in 25/10 type air mass is high ratio low visibility stuff. I don't perceive this as a "dry up" scenario because it is not based on either CAA, or s-base instability, but has got mlv dynamical support. I think 1-spot 3" totals should sweep through the area.

The storm mid week is puzzling. The 12z GFS has all snow at FIT per point-click MOS product at Weathertap, and the synoptics are not impossible, yet the warm solutions forcibly entered on the 12z guidance.

I still see colder solutions as favored despite these runs, but may capitulate if things appear different on over the weekend.

Part of the reason why is because the west to east component of the flow is where most of this amplitude is stored... The north south is relatively shallow. In other words, we don't necessarily need the more typical Dekotas longitude ridge axis; particularly also when the flow is highly compressible over FL - that ain't hurting anything. Also, the PNA is rising, so the correction vector is pointed toward more western heights out in time, probably somewhat E as well. ...how much remains to be seen, but envision a model byproduct that shades the top of the ridge axis polarward.

Exactly what I've been saying :lol:

Optimistic about Tuesday? I kinda wish I could stick around and see how the rest of this winter turns out.

That we don't torch, yes.

I just want a couple inches of snow, a bit of sleet. then keep it below 37*......I am not getting ice, so I'm not event bothering with that; almost always a fantasy for this area points east to the coast.

Archived