• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

The euro op looks like a classic swnh..nrn orh county and berks ice. Tolland may get some, but I don't like the boundary layer trajectory.

Yeah I think it's a colder scenario than what the NAM has.

I wish Will was around today. He's very good at these kind of setups and I would bet he's leaning towards a colder scenario

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think it's a colder scenario than what the NAM has.

I wish Will was around today. He's very good at these kind of setups and I would bet he's leaning towards a colder scenario

I already am, by knocking down the 2m temps, but even the euro is not a classic ice event for you. If it were maybe 30-40 miles east..perhaps. I wish the GFS were right, but again I think it's too far east. Just hope the NAM is wrong..lol. We want the second low to develop quick and track further east. To me, it looks like a classic elevated interior ice for nw CT through Berks and nrn orh county. It's possible you could be ice for a little bit too.

Edit: I should respond..after snow fall in those locales.

Looks like a mostly snow event here as per Box's current forecast.

Monday Night: A chance of snow, mainly after 2am. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tuesday: Snow likely before 2pm, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tuesday Night: Snow likely. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow showers. Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

I already am, by knocking down the 2m temps, but even the euro is not a classic ice event for you. If it were maybe 30-40 miles east..perhaps. I wish the GFS were right, but again I think it's too far east. Just hope the NAM is wrong..lol. We want the second low to develop quick and track further east. To me, it looks like a classic elevated interior ice for nw CT through Berks and nrn orh county. It's possible you could be ice for a little bit too.

Yeah I don't think this is going to be all ice here..but I think at least 50% or more will be frozen precip ending as a 34 drizzle or something. I can guarantee NAM ticks colder each run tomorrow.

Maybe I better dig the generator out of the snow tomorrow.

Yeah I don't think this is going to be all ice here..but I think at least 50% or more will be frozen precip ending as a 34 drizzle or something. I can guarantee NAM ticks colder each run tomorrow.

I think the NAM track at 18z, would be a much cooler storm if it were to verify. No way the Berks are above 36F. Again, prob some good ice that way on the NAM.

Looks like a mostly snow event here as per Box's current forecast.

Monday Night: A chance of snow, mainly after 2am. Patchy fog after 3am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 8. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tuesday: Snow likely before 2pm, then snow and sleet likely. Cloudy, with a high near 30. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Tuesday Night: Snow likely. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

Wednesday: A chance of snow showers. Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 33. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Yeah--the western zones are all sayiing frozen only..

Heavy snow. 1.5" down.

18.4/15

Edit: I should respond..after snow fall in those locales.

Yeah the key is popping a coastal, getting it strong, and having it track far enough east.

The boundary layer trajectory on the Euro sucks for most of us.

I think the NAM track at 18z, would be a much cooler storm if it were to verify. No way the Berks are above 36F. Again, prob some good ice that way on the NAM.

Yeah if you look the NAM at 18z has like 2 sfc lows... a weak one over N NJ sort of screws things up and results in a more easterly BL flow before the real coastal takes over. Probably some type of convective feedback so yeah I think given that setup it would be colder... more like 12z.

For most of us I think it's rain but Litchfield County, Berkshires, SW NH still look icy to me (though the Euro sort of blows)

Yeah--the western zones are all sayiing frozen only..

Heavy snow. 1.5" down.

18.4/15

Rippin' pretty good here too Mike. Looks like it'll be over fairly soon though. Sleet is fine but I'd rater not see any zr, don't need no stinkin'crust to ruin the excellent tree skiing. Net gain of snow likely.

Nice front end of snow here on the GFS. I'm not sure if we ever go to more than PL here on the GFS. NAM would be snow to an icy mess.

This next week I'm thinking longitude may be advantageous to me ...whereas last week it was a detriment.

Yeah the key is popping a coastal, getting it strong, and having it track far enough east.

The boundary layer trajectory on the Euro sucks for most of us.

Rippin' pretty good here too Mike. Looks like it'll be over fairly soon though. Sleet is fine but I'd rater not see any zr, don't need no stinkin'crust to ruin the excellent tree skiing. Net gain of snow likely.

Actually looks like the shield will be dipping south at least along the trail like Tip said.

Archived