Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are obsessed with low level cold even when it makes no sense

The GFS would either be a big sleet or ice storm. The Euro is just rain... sorry.

I don't think the Euro is a 100% rain storm even with that solution..it would be a few inches of snow to sleet to a 34 degree rain which wouldn't do anything to the snowpack

I don't think the Euro is a 100% rain storm even with that solution..it would be a few inches of snow to sleet to a 34 degree rain which wouldn't do anything to the snowpack

The Euro is pretty bad. Not in terms of an all out torch but in terms of locking in any cold. Maybe 1" or 2" of snow/sleet but it's pretty much rain. At least only 1/2" of it.

I'd rather forego the ice storm Tuesday and prepare for a KU on Friday!

you are obsessed with low level cold even when it makes no sense

The GFS would either be a big sleet or ice storm. The Euro is just rain... sorry.

I know what the Euro showed, but it has flopped more than your torch winter forecast. The Synoptics scream cold low level, the Euro wants to scour it all out. We will see.

keV your words, do not forget

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:52 AM

I'll never doubt the NAM again..Absolutley nailed this storm. Nailed it

The Euro is pretty bad. Not in terms of an all out torch but in terms of locking in any cold. Maybe 1" or 2" of snow/sleet but it's pretty much rain. At least only 1/2" of it.

That's what I'm talkin' about! Get on my back folks....big ones no longer visit when I'm away. On the heels of my flight Thursday evening...:thumbsup:

I'd much prefer an icestorm over a 34 degree cold rain though..

That's an awfully cold high moving in here Sunday/Monday..gonna be tough to scour that out with out a south wind I would think

I know what the Euro showed, but it has flopped more than your torch winter forecast. The Synoptics scream cold low level, the Euro wants to scour it all out. We will see.

Dude, why the attack?

The synoptics may scream low level cold if we have something go underneath us... but if something cuts west and the southern stream doesn't pop anything it's rain for most of us. No need to use :weenie: goggles.

NAM is rain for Tues/Wed...just sayin....not only 12z but 18z too.

I'd much prefer an icestorm over a 34 degree cold rain though..

That's an awfully cold high moving in here Sunday/Monday..gonna be tough to scour that out with out a south wind I would think

With a south wind it will scour out in an hour. The issue is without any blocking trying to get something underneath us like the GFS shows. It can definitely be done but it's not a lock. The Euro just sort of sucks with popping nothing under us and keeping winds south off the water which allows temperatures to warm in a hurry after an initial period of SN/PL.

LOL..because that's how we get them..when the air at 850 is above 0 and at the ground it isn't. I guess you don't remember the great interior icestorm 2 years ago??

I would think an icestorm would be more likely to happen with a warm front, not a cyclone sitting on the benchmark. Warmer air riding up and over colder air with strong high pressure north of new england, low level cold oozing down the valleys. Certainly dont envision that with cyclogenesis to our se and no HP to our north.

Dude, why the attack?

The synoptics may scream low level cold if we have something go underneath us... but if something cuts west and the southern stream doesn't pop anything it's rain for most of us. No need to use :weenie: goggles.

LOL I agree , need closed ML centers South and East, Nam looks floody,, let's see what evolves, multiple solutions all over the place. Ya know flopping around., payback is a biatch you guys roasted me all winter last year. I have my targets lined up, LOL

Archived