• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

Yeah, a delay makes no sense with the timing of the storm. Id say everyone West of 495 and North of Ma/Ct border should cancel, but well see.

We have midterms tommorow-thurs so Im fine with making them Wed-Fri.

Yeah I agree.

I'm pretty sure the forecats will be updated by tomorrow morning when they'd need to make a decision. No big deal.

I hope so. But I'm concerned that because it won't snow here (Merrimack Valley) until 7-9am, they'll just have us go in anyway

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS definitely the better solution for snow here in the western areas. NAM brings up a warm tongue of death between 900 and 850 mb by 15Z tomorrow and we switch to IP here in the Berks. The ridiculous omega and dynamical cooling on the NAM is to the E and SE of here. If the NAM were to verify, I could envision a situation where we are IP and FZDZ while areas off the east are getting a blue snow bomb. :axe: NAM would probably imply a 2 to 4 or 3 to 5 incher before the changeover. GFS keeps us snow until probably 20Z or 21Z, and would imply a solid 6 to 9 inch event before it changes to some light sleet and freezing rain before ending. Tough forecast for tomorrow. Will be a nowcasting event for sure.

Archived