Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

box AFD doesn't really mention dynamic cooling at all

does mention GL weakening low will drag mid level warmth into region. IMO this could cut down totals in GC/ S.VT

i would like to compare 8h-9h soundings for KPIT ...KORH KBOS for 21 and 0z . .....respectively.

i would assume mid levels would warm a tad more out west closer to the source (GL Low)

Did not include 18 z in AFD, interestingly colder though overall.

it didn't get much above 15 here today...beautiful day though...no wind, brilliant sunshine...snowblowed to the woodpile, shoveled out the woodpile, brough some firewood in...just absolutely amazing!!!

still have no idea what this storm tomorrow is going to bring...or what time it's supposed to start, for that matter...i left the woodpile uncovered thinking i could bring in another load tomorrow and then cover it back up before the precip started...would be handy to know a start time...

keeping my fingers crossed for a colder storm!

The only reason I'm worried about no school cancellation here is that local news stations only have 2-4" here. Some towns may say NBD even though it could be 5 then ice making conditions worse then a 12" powder snow day.

All I know is that the drive to MHT around 10 will probably be bad, but coming back a little after noon will be an unmitigated disaster.

I'm concerned too about school cancellations... some people saying "a delay will be fine" based on forecasts from a day or 2 ago. Not the case!! At my school, we have exams Wed-Fri as they added tomorrow as an extra class day following 2 days off last week. I'm doubtful they'll cancel as that'll just screw up exam week even more. But it wouldn't be a bad idea with something like this; we're in for surprises -- good and bad

Looks like 5-8'' before changeover on the GFS. AWT.

i think timing the ML warming is always difficult

watching ML warming here ...http://www.spc.ncep.noaa.gov/sfctest/new/viewsector.php?sector=17#

.compared with 12z nam gfs forecasts

i want to say that the "look" on radar of this Great lakes low and precip would make me hestitant to think some sneaky warm layer wont make it in during the mid afternoon dynamic cooling be damned. but i'm talk out my rear end.

I'm concerned too about school cancellations... some people saying "a delay will be fine" based on forecasts from a day or 2 ago. Not the case!! At my school, we have exams Wed-Fri as they added tomorrow as an extra class day following 2 days off last week. I'm doubtful they'll cancel as that'll just screw up exam week even more. But it wouldn't be a bad idea with something like this; we're in for surprises -- good and bad

Yeah, a delay makes no sense with the timing of the storm. Id say everyone West of 495 and North of Ma/Ct border should cancel, but well see.

We have midterms tommorow-thurs so Im fine with making them Wed-Fri.

I'm pretty sure the forecats will be updated by tomorrow morning when they'd need to make a decision. No big deal.

Archived