Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah this is going to be a mess to resolve. If the coastal low comes to fruition it's going to be an icy mess in the interior

There was a storm/setup very similiar to this one in 2004 or 2005 I think. I remember Walt wrote the disco for it that morning..and it was thought it would mostly snow..but instead it ended up being an icestorm south of the Pike.

Will might remember the one.

I have a feeling tonight's event might overperform. In past snowy winters like the one we're experiencing now...these little events always seem to do do better than expected.

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone with some orographic assistance see a quick 4"

I have a feeling tonight's event might overperform. In past snowy winters like the one we're experiencing now...these little events always seem to do do better than expected.

it's mostly over by midnite...this looks to start in 2 hours per albany radar for most of Western Ma/ NW

looks like more north of the Ct/MA line...but everyone gets something (CT later this evening with the Pa band)

so can someone give a summary of the euro...I'm a little confused about what the deal is with respect to ice, snow, and rain?

It starts as snow, but goes over to some ip/zr for the interior it seems..and a cold rain at that coast. Could be like 1-3 or 2-4 even for you in Blackstone.The euro shows a complicated scenario, as the primary is way east of the BM, but it has an inv trough like depiction hanging back to the west, with a small mini low pressure right near the Cape. It's close to an all snow event for the interior, if that coastal can develop quicker.

It starts as snow, but goes over to some ip/zr for the interior it seems..and a cold rain at that coast. Could be like 1-3 or 2-4 even for you in Blackstone.The euro shows a complicated scenario, as the primary is way east of the BM, but it has an inv trough like depiction hanging back to the west, with a small mini low pressure right near the Cape. It's close to an all snow event for the interior, if that coastal can develop quicker.

thanks...does it look like significant ice verbatim for the interior or here?

How long you gone for? I hate these 36 hour turn arounds! I show up at the office Friday zombielike....

Leaving Tuesday at 5pm for ORD, all day in Chicago,then Wed night to Omaha, All morning in Omaha Thursday then back home through Chicago landing around 10pm. Nothing direct from Omaha. If my flight out Tues was canceled I wouldn't be terribly upset.

Archived