Gonzalo00
Midweek Storm DISCO

DomNH

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plenty of el here. Lots of 1000-1200+ just in my town

It snows here...maybe almost as much as in your hamlet

He doesn't believe that...but the world never forced the ignorant to be enlightened. You avg just about as much as him.

But I know he's probably trying to pull your strings.

He doesn't believe that...but the world never forced the ignorant to be enlightened. You avg just about as much as him.

But I know he's probably trying to pull your strings.

Aww,that hurts Will, you've met me, do you really think I'm ignorant?lol I was just trolling Dave but it looks like I caught a met. I'd bet my bottom dollar that my 1400' , East Slope of the Berks locale averages more than Hubbardston, though I did note the wordsmithing "just about as much".lol Think Snow!

NAM coming in colder and colder each run now AWT it would...Snow to a damaging icestorm N +W of 95/495

Another strange run of models. HPC prelim says "abysmally low confidence" in their med range. Euro op has nice coastal later in the period but no semblance of it in the ensemb. Have not idea what the gfs is showing short or long. No discussion overnight so have to think folks are not too excited about this next event. Hard to see cold air at the surface get scoured out that easily when it is going to be 0 to singles monday night on top of almost 2 feet of snow. I'm just going to assume I get a few inches of snow and then some sleet maybe frzg rain before it cuts off. Then a crust and we wait for the next one.

Another strange run of models. HPC prelim says "abysmally low confidence" in their med range. Euro op has nice coastal later in the period but no semblance of it in the ensemb. Have not idea what the gfs is showing short or long. No discussion overnight so have to think folks are not too excited about this next event. Hard to see cold air at the surface get scoured out that easily when it is going to be 0 to singles monday night on top of almost 2 feet of snow. I'm just going to assume I get a few inches of snow and then some sleet maybe frzg rain before it cuts off. Then a crust and we wait for the next one.

Euro op has the end of week storm suppressed and mnissing us..though it's probably wrong. I think the ens have some semblance of it though

Aren't the NAM/GFS/EC all transitioning to rain throughout the area eventually? I'm not really enthused from what I'm seeing. Seems like not many others are enthused as I think there were only three pages of posts made since 8:30p.m. lol I'm afraid my flight will take off.

Did the late week sysem fall off the table? What's that all about? Cold is still there, though.

Aren't the NAM/GFS/EC all transitioning to rain throughout the area eventually? I'm not really enthused from what I'm seeing. Seems like not many others are enthused as I think there were only three pages of posts made since 8:30p.m. lol I'm afraid my flight will take off.

Did the late week sysem has fallen off the table? What's that all about? Cold is still there, though.

THE GFS/EURO don't have the CAD like the nam has which is to be expected since the NAM is better at picking up mesoscale features like that. Its safe to say your area will not get above freezing.

THE GFS/EURO don't have the CAD like the nam has which is to be expected since the NAM is better at picking up mesoscale features like that. Its safe to say your area will not get above freezing.

Kevin--I hope you're right. I can't forecast worth sh*t in a straight-forward system. With this one, the one word that comes to my mind is "ugly". What's your take down at BDL? I suspect my plane is likely to be coming in there on Tuesday night for an 8:30 departure on Wed. Any hope for a "trip cancel"?

BOX says "very low confidence" on end-of-the-week storm. Reading their AFD and their description, I'd go on a limb with "fairly high confidence" that there is not going to be a storm.

Do any of the ice scenarios for Tuesday suggest anything 'severe"? Seems like we could go heavier snows (though BOX is doubtful on warning criteria anywhere) which I htink would mitigate the effect of later ice.

Kevin--I hope you're right. I can't forecast worth sh*t in a straight-forward system. With this one, the one word that comes to my mind is "ugly". What's your take down at BDL? I suspect my plane is likely to be coming in there on Tuesday night for an 8:30 departure on Wed. Any hope for a "trip cancel"?

They should go snow to sleet to zr to maybe a 33-34 rain/drizzle ending

BOX says "very low confidence" on end-of-the-week storm. Reading their AFD and their description, I'd go on a limb with "fairly high confidence" that there is not going to be a storm.

Do any of the ice scenarios for Tuesday suggest anything 'severe"? Seems like we could go heavier snows (though BOX is doubtful on warning criteria anywhere) which I htink would mitigate the effect of later ice.

Why would you say that other than letting your pessimism percolate to the surface? This season has shown a propensity for storminess and overperformance. I'd say it's better than 50/50 it happens.

Why would you say that other than letting your pessimism percolate to the surface? This season has shown a propensity for storminess and overperformance. I'd say it's better than 50/50 it happens.

It's not my pessimism, Pete. Like I said in my post, I referring to how their AFD reads.

GFS SHOWS POSSIBLE COASTAL STORM FOR THE END OF THE WEEK

BUT HAS LITTLE SUPPORT FROM ITS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS. ECMWF HAD A STORM

ON PREVIOUS RUNS BUT 00Z RUN NOW IS SUPPRESSED WELL TO THE

SOUTH...AND GGEM/UKMET HAVE NO STORM

Box afd does not really seem that dire for the deep interior.

It seems teh snow will not reach warning criteria, but we'll get enough of our qpf in snow/sleet where the ice that follows would fall short of a warning as well. My guess anyway.

Either way--wintry is more important than the wording used to describe it.

It's not my pessimism, Pete. Like I said in my post, I referring to how their AFD reads.

GFS SHOWS POSSIBLE COASTAL STORM FOR THE END OF THE WEEK

BUT HAS LITTLE SUPPORT FROM ITS ENSEMBLE MEMBERS. ECMWF HAD A STORM

ON PREVIOUS RUNS BUT 00Z RUN NOW IS SUPPRESSED WELL TO THE

SOUTH...AND GGEM/UKMET HAVE NO STORM

Ok Mike, we shall see. Seems like you never believe.lol

What am I missing here? Why is everyone saying the end of week storm is suppresed when last night's euro shows a bombing storm tracking from HSE to Portland ME? A few weeks ago this run of the euro would have resulted in ten pages of chatter overnight.

Good example of when most have snow on the ground, Thoughts change, Storm on the Euro at the end of the weeks looks good up this way, The Tue-Weds storm here is a snow/sleet rain back to snow/sleet so i don't think its that devestating up this way..

Aww,that hurts Will, you've met me, do you really think I'm ignorant?lol I was just trolling Dave but it looks like I caught a met. I'd bet my bottom dollar that my 1400' , East Slope of the Berks locale averages more than Hubbardston, though I did note the wordsmithing "just about as much".lol Think Snow!

I'm guessing you avg a good ten inches more at your airye than me. No real data on my end

Archived