• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Grade December 2010

Coach McGuirk

We only got 2.5 inches snow on the month but the cold was wonderful!! Ground is frozen real good!! Plenty of ice on area ponds.

I still have snow on the north exposures of my house. I also still have snowpiles; there are snowpiles at area shopping centers.

For snow, since climo for December is about 4 inches, I give Dec 2010 a C+ for snowfall, but I give Dec 2010 an A+ for COLD.

We had one high temp of only 24 degrees. Normal high is 46 degrees. We had numerous lows in the teens. Most winters it is tough to see teens for lows until January. WE ALSO MANAGED ONE LOW OF 9 DEGREES this month!! Plus we had plenty of NW winds which I savored during numerous jebwalks!!!

From a meteorological perspective, at least a B+. While the storms missed, the persistent cold was climatologically noteworthy.

On a personal level, it is an F. To have this sustained cold and come out of it with less than 2" is a massive fail. And it has been cold, windy, and flat out unpleasant walking the dog.

C-

2 inches of snow, a few dustings. Very cold. Snow still on the ground but spotty. Very interesting december weather wise. Coldest I remember in some time, at least up until this week. Does anyone have any idea where this december will rank in terms of cold?

Would have been nice to get some snow last weekend but oh well. I do not like the cold either, without the snow, but at least it felt like winter and there were a couple good opportunities for snow. Plus we had a white Christmas.

Archived