Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some other mets are looking for the ladder to the hayloft as well. I am a bit surprised at some of the impatience here.

Apparently you guys didn't read what I wrote very carefully - don't cluster me with anyone please!

I said, I think this will perform better later on when the closure aloft consolidates all the layers and stops the shearing. ...Just have to deal with this garbage up front. Stands to reason; this isn't a front end loader event.

Btw, lost the snow balls... Small cold air dendrite clusters/shattered by strong wind. 22/21. 1/4 mi vis in snow/BL snow in Ayer. 4" but it is hard to get a measurement consistent do to wind contamination.

So the ratios are even higher here just northwest of Portland, ME than I thought they would be. We have 3 inches so far or so of the lightest snow I have seen in a long time, you can blow it away. I would venture to guess about 20-1 right now. I think that may raise amounts..

I just measured 1.4" here. Crappy snow growth FTL. Coming down at a good rate, though.

I'm not sure why all the sad faces. Models clearly showed the mid-level dry punch eating away down to about 10-12kft or around -8 to -10C over E. MA and E/S CT for a while. Should be glad you're getting anything at all really during this time period. If this crap happens in the Midwest, we lose our snow, period, no oceanic effects to save us. Regardless, some seeding is definitely going on via convective processes, and the main defo/CCB band will kick in in a few hours, and I'm sure everybody will forget this.

Posted this on the other thread, but we are closing on 6" here in Lenox with 3 to 4 inches per hour under that meso band here in the Berks. Snowed about in inch in 15 to 20 minutes. Large dendrite aggregates just pouring out of the sky with near white out conditions. KPSF ASOS obs not doing this thing justice for whatever reason. Simply amazing out there now.

Archived