Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tough measurement here bc of the wind. 3.1" is what I came up with. As someone else said, w/ the snowfall rates, I would have though to have much more but snow growth has not been good

Yeah this is a pain in the fanny to measure. I've just been taking several measurements all around but surprisingly when I do so I get about the same each time I stick my ruler in some place new.

OT - Horrible news from the Woburn thing I mentioned : officer down, suspect down

Yea, hearing that on my scanner I have parked on state police as well.

You hearing it over Woburn PD?

I dont think I can pick up Woburn from down here without a rooftop antenna.

Snow growth problem solved here yet again....back to horizontal curtains of snow.....very impressive winds and gusts!

Absolutey JD! Radar looks fantastic, deform band just to our west is full of dendritical delicousness:)

Its going to be a sight tom am, the drifting going on in my backyard is hilarious.

Here in Chelmsford, MA, the heavy bands have not worked in yet. It started snowing at 3:31PM this afternoon and as of 7:45PM (when I went out to shovel), we had only three inches on the ground with a temperature of 23.4 degrees. After the shoveling, took my dog around the neighborhood for a walk. It was a very Christmasy scene, with the Christmas lights lit up and the fresh snow on the ground, glimmering like diamonds under the streetlights. I plan to go back out to shovel again after 11PM and then again at 5 in the morning.

While we are in line to get 15-20 inches here, it just doesn't have the feel of a blizzard...at least not yet. Instead, it has the feel of a routine snowstorm in these parts. The roads are nicely plowed and sanded and driving doesn't look to be all that bad out there.

Here in Chelmsford, MA, the heavy bands have not worked in yet. It started snowing at 3:31PM this afternoon and as of 7:45PM (when I went out to shovel), we had only three inches on the ground with a temperature of 23.4 degrees. After the shoveling, took my dog around the neighborhood for a walk. It was a very Christmasy scene, with the Christmas lights lit up and the fresh snow on the ground, glimmering like diamonds under the streetlights. I plan to go back out to shovel again after 11PM and then again at 5 in the morning.

While we are in line to get 15-20 inches here, it just doesn't have the feel of a blizzard...at least not yet. Instead, it has the feel of a routine snowstorm in these parts. The roads are nicely plowed and sanded and driving doesn't look to be all that bad out there.

I hear ya, but give it time, I guess....9pm measurement pending....

Some of the most epic mesoscale banding I've ever seen has been in NJ over the last 6+ hours. Funny thing is it didn't even look like they'd get much action. Looks like they'll jackpot now.

North central Jersey must be getting obliterated. That band hasn't moved in a long time...30-40 dbz's...

Archived