Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Discuss the Blizz of 2010

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 3.1" of snow grains blowing around and heir still pinging on the windows. I cant recall snowgrowth being this poor for this intensity and duration. Shoulfd improve later on, But I'm sure my snowtotals are really cut down.

Apparently you guys didn't read what I wrote very carefully - don't cluster me with anyone please!

I said, I think this will perform better later on when the closure aloft consolidates all the layers and stops the shearing. ...Just have to deal with this garbage up front. Stands to reason; this isn't a front end loader event.

Btw, lost the snow balls... Small cold air dendrite clusters/shattered by strong wind. 22/21. 1/4 mi vis in snow/BL snow in Ayer. 4" but it is hard to get a measurement consistent do to wind contamination.

I have 3.1" of snow grains blowing around and heir still pinging on the windows. I cant recall snowgrowth being this poor for this intensity and duration. Shoulfd improve later on, But I'm sure my snowtotals are really cut down.

We are both getting screwed..central part of the state seems to find different ways to get screwed every storm. This time it's warm cloud tops.

Apparently you guys didn't read what I wrote very carefully - don't cluster me with anyone please!

I said, I think this will perform better later on when the closure aloft consolidates all the layers and stops the shearing. ...Just have to deal with this garbage up front. Stands to reason; this isn't a front end loader event.

Btw, lost the snow balls... Small cold air dendrite clusters/shattered by strong wind. 22/21. 1/4 mi vis in snow/BL snow in Ayer. 4" but it is hard to get a measurement consistent do to wind contamination.

I wasn't clustering you. No reason to be testy!

Well the warmer/farther west models def have won this one..I think the NAM initially was west then went colder and east..while the Euro tracked this very near CHH.

GFS flopped like a weenie out of water back and forth

It's not rain even here a mix of ugly snow and sleet.

Nam always had mixing issues, forecast the dry punch pretty well, and was decent overall. Problem

Is dynamics, warm air didn't make it too nh just ugly front end.

Hope for good backend I guess but aside of western areas so far bobs in jackpot

Channel 7 thinks cape ann, winthrop, scitutate places like that may rain for a bit!

Yeah we have had the kitchen sink for the past few hours more so rain at the moment, but we got a nice dump at the front about 5 inches. Not really sure if we can snag a few more inches at some point latter in the storm, not gona complain still a cool storm to follow. I will be heading out to see what the high tide has to offer latta in the morning. Winds have been cranking if nothing else!

Nam always had mixing issues, forecast the dry punch pretty well, and was decent overall. Problem

He's raining

Yeahs its really just the immediate coast. Houghs neck in Quincy is up to 34 and Im sure its raining. 31.8 here.

Our obs agree, my thermometer is going between 31.8 and the occasional jump briefly to 32.0.

Still concerns me a bit but the ~3deg/hr temp rise seems to have stopped

It's a SN/IP/RA mix bag. It's definitely not all RA.

I still think I get into the southern edge of the CCB snows that setup overnight and I should see an additional 6-8" I think.

Can someone confirm the ptype in Plymouth? Conflicting obs. I'm holding at 24.7 and I think BOS should beat it back but it may be close. I'm pretty sure its snowing at Quincy, South Weymouth, etc. What say all of you?

BOS will flirt for the next few hours and then it should fall back as the low gets a bit further E.

Here in Chelmsford, MA, the intensity of the snow has picked up big time in the past hour. I noted earlier that as of about 7:45PM, we had only 3 inches on the ground when I went out to shovel. At this rate of snowfall, we will likely double that total when I go back out there around 11PM. Between 11PM and 6PM is likely when we will see the most snow so the 12-18 inch forecast is looking to be a safe bet at this point.

Temperature is sitting at 23.4 degrees, good for light, powdery snow that is easy to move around. I have my roof rake ready to go but I don't think I'll be needing it as the stiff winds are keeping the powder off the rooftops. This is much better than the wet, sticky stuff that brings down tree limbs and power lines.

Archived