Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    19,042
    Total Members
    49,013
    Most Online
    loganboehmewx
    Newest Member
    loganboehmewx
    Joined

October 2026 general discussion


Typhoon Tip
 Share

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Any year now I'm expecting tarantulas and scorpions to be roaming SNE! Lol

  • Haha 1
  • 100% 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

It’s just folks love to let everybody know that it’s just the low levels that are cooler than the overall air mass. It’s a f’n stupid saying.  If we threw their naked asses out there in the fake cold ….would it still be fake?  I doubt it.  
 

It’s as Dumb a saying as a box of rocks. 

100%

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

So much anger about fake cold.

 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They just don’t understand it 

Understand it perfectly. It’s a silly statement. FXWX agrees 100%.  Nothing is fake…it’s just low level. We perfectly understand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

 

Understand it perfectly. It’s a silly statement. FXWX agrees 100%.  Nothing is fake…it’s just low level. We perfectly understand. 

When it’s 33 and then 70 .. that’s not cold . It’s comparable to the desert where it can go from 103 to 48 at night . Realize it 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

When it’s 33 and then 70 .. that’s not cold . Realize it 

I will never agree with this nonsense. And I was 65 today..not 70.  
 

It was frosty this morning…truck was frozen everywhere.  Nothing fake about that.  I understand it completely.  I don’t like the fake cold term.  So you can realize that.   John B. agreed completely.   It’s a silly term.  
 

And nobody is arguing that the temp wasn’t going to rise, and get nice and comfortable today, that’s not the point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Isaias is back again…can the NHC think up some different names?  I mean, I think there’s been 3 different Eduardo’s too over the years.  WTH?  

It really is silly.  Couldn’t they come up with another “I” name that’s not a complete mouthful and hard to pronounce and remember?  I realize they try to incorporate Latin names but there has to be another Latin “I” name out there, right? 

  • 100% 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

You'll have to keep moving north to stay ahead of them.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BombsAway1288 said:

It really is silly.  Couldn’t they come up with another “I” name that’s not a complete mouthful and hard to pronounce and remember?  I realize they try to incorporate Latin names but there has to be another Latin “I” name out there, right? 

Ichabod, Ivanhoe, Ignace, Ira.  So many choices.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i sent you a dm about a month ago is your inbox full?

Sleeping Giant mtn in Hamden today from the top and from the base at Quinnipiac. Low-Moderate color i'd say..

20261007_171230.thumb.jpg.89a85381d90807db25d28cead8383f25.jpg

20261007_181214.thumb.jpg.4856f7b46fbc1671d1798e0722a8444f.jpg

 

Still bummed about that pine grove that got blown down by the tornado in '18. That was a great picnic area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

Isaias is back again…can the NHC think up some different names?  I mean, I think there’s been 3 different Eduardo’s too over the years.  WTH?  

They cycle every six years, its been that way forever. Once a name is retired it is replaced with a new one. Theyalso  got rid of the greek alphabet after 2020 and just go back to A with an alternate list of names. 

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/aboutnames.shtml

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...